General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Decorative Stone Eggs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Dec 2014 14:36

I've got about 10 of these, mainly bought in charity shops, never for more than £3.
At the moment, they're in a small wire egg basket, but I wanted to display them.
I looked online. The cheapest 'holders' are 87p, and plastic. If I bought 10, that would cost me £8.70!
Then I had a brainwave. I've got loads of tea lights, that I never use.
I tipped a candle out of it's metal holder - the egg fits perfectly :-D
All for nothing - and getting rid of something I don't use.
I may try to paint them black, but if that fails, the 'brushed metal' look is fine.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 28 Dec 2014 03:48

I have several of those too, altho sadly packed away now as no space at o.h.s I used to have mine in a shallow wooden bowl

Lizx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Dec 2014 10:06

Mine were in various drawers for years, but I'm having a slow clear-out, and thought it about time I 'used' them.
I don't know what it is about them. They are, after all, just bits of polished stone!

Maybe that's where my younger daughter got her love of geology from. :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 30 Dec 2014 04:29

I always found mine so tactile and so much to see in the pattern of the stone.

Lizx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Dec 2014 10:21

Having got them out of the basket and in their ex tea light holders, I can appreciate the beautiful patterns now :-D