General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've got them, you haven't.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Dec 2014 22:55

I bet I have something in my bathroom that you haven't.

Two things actually.

As well as having a picture rail (and whatever would I do without that?) in my bathroom, I now have a three door wardrobe as well.

The wardrobe is only passing through while we do the big shuffle upstairs, we had to shift things about very quickly to accommodate the hospital bed downstairs eight years ago and now we are trying to get back to some semblance of normal, but the picture rail is permanent.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Dec 2014 23:40

You have a bathroom big enough to fit a 3 door wardrobe in?????? :-S :-S

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Dec 2014 23:51

I do indeed.

Old council house, 1936,, used to be three bedroomed.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 29 Dec 2014 00:23

How many pictures in your bathroom?

:-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Dec 2014 00:44

Aaah - mines a 1920's council house, 3 bedrooms, tiny bathroom at the end of the (now much smaller) kitchen.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 29 Dec 2014 02:51

I bet there's something in my bathroom that's not in yours :-D

We have three bathrooms. Yes, three. Two of us live here.

A big bathroom that DH uses, an ensuite that I use, and another bathroom (for guests) downstairs, it has a shower, a basin and a loo.

We don't have much cupboard space in the laundry......... so the vacuum cleaner gets stored in the shower of the guest bathroom.

:-D

If there was a three-door wardrobe in the bathroom, all my storage problems would be solved.

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Dec 2014 08:47

Ah yes, we have a big heap of stuff in the wet room shower while we are doing the big shuffle and the housing association dp the new kitchen and solar panel bit.

One day I will live without chaos.

I have,'t yet.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 29 Dec 2014 09:31

it's organised chaos!

I know where things are......... DH doesn't. If I ask him to put things away in the laundry, he leaves them on top of the washing machine :-( I don't mind that, because if he puts things away, he puts them in the wrong chaotic bit.

We're expecting visitors next year, 4 adults, so we'll have to find new homes for the vacuum cleaner etc for a week or so.

They can all figure out which bathroom to use....... I'm not sharing! :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 29 Dec 2014 09:52

Some drink wine in the bathroom now, and not because they’re hiding away, too mean to share it with everyone else.

There are magazine racks where you can enjoy a read in case you get bored while doing what nature intended – although why you’d want to handle any paper or other publication that was perused by previous occupiers of the ceramic throne is probably not something to cogitate too deeply.

Just relax!