General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So we are home.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2014 17:30

And will go back up for the funeral next week, all unpacked this time although we were able to leave stuff up there which made it easier.

We got home just after three thirty. Left daughters at 10.10am and stopped for almost an hour for lunch.

Traffic was horrendous all the way (although going North looked worse I suppose they were all off to Scotland for New Year.

What made the journey worse was the fact that it was such a lovely day which meant the sun was straight in our eyes all the way. We stopped at Sandbach and had something to eat as we heard a warning of an accident between 16 and 15, in fact the inside lane was closed, then down our end quite a nasty looking shunt in the outside lane aso that was closed, about 6/8 cars involved all badly damaged. I think the sun and traffic made it quite a strain for oh although he says he is ok. Hopefully it won't be so bad next week. today was a mixture of holidays and Sales shopping we think.

Von

Von Report 30 Dec 2014 17:37

Pleased to hear you are home safe and sound Ann.

Thinking of you <3 <3 <3
Von

JustJean

JustJean Report 30 Dec 2014 17:50

Glad to hear you are home, Ann, driving when the sun is low is very difficult, so well done T....always in our thoughts and prayers.

love Jean <3 <3 <3

Jane

Jane Report 30 Dec 2014 17:51

Ann,I know what you mean about the sun.I was blinded several times today by it.It is so dangerous .At least you are both home safe and sound.
It is just so sad you will have to make the trip back again for the funeral
:-(.I do hope your Daughter is ok.It's just a very sad time for you all <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2014 18:05

she is keeping busy organising things and has her three sons there. She is strong and knows it was for the best but of course is upset to have lost him and has her 'moments'. There is always someone around to give her a hug though. strange she has never been one to give or receive hugs! <3 <3

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 30 Dec 2014 18:26

Just read this sad post Ann and have messaged you. <3 <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 30 Dec 2014 19:05

Very Glad to see you are home .been thinking about you & your family .Take Care Barbra <3

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 30 Dec 2014 20:20

Ann <3 <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 30 Dec 2014 20:25

Ann <3 <3 Thinking of you and yours as always..... <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2014 20:30

Thank you. <3

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Dec 2014 21:25

Hugs for you all. Look after yourselves. Lots of love to you both and special thoughts for L

Wendy xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2014 22:28

Wendy :-) <3 <3

lavender

lavender Report 30 Dec 2014 23:17

Thinking of you and your family, Ann <3

Sallie

Sallie Report 31 Dec 2014 00:05

Ann, pleased to hear that you and T are home safe and sound.

Thinking of you all.

Love, Sallie. xx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 31 Dec 2014 19:54

Thinking of you and your family at this sad time.

Gwyn