General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for a marriage in Ireland.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 31 Dec 2014 16:50

Between 2000-2012 any ideas anyone :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Dec 2014 17:14

wotcha doing on this board BR? :-D

Ask the question on Genealogy Chat or find Living Relatives - give details and someone will probably find it for you

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 31 Dec 2014 17:46

What would I want to go on Living Relatives for Ann?

I find the folk on Chat are just as knowledgeable. and so very nice with it too.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Dec 2014 17:49

so give us a clue so we can help :-)

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 31 Dec 2014 17:56

Just need the marriage details to call closure on something.
its a double hat-trick this marriage. ( hers) :-D

I have both their names and , as above a rough date of marriage .

Just wondering if there is any on line access to marriage records so recent.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Dec 2014 19:17

try this free website

www.familysearch.org - that's where I'd be looking

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 31 Dec 2014 19:35

Not sure if you can arrange a search through this site

http://www.birthsdeathsmarriages.ie/shop/marriage-certificate/

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 31 Dec 2014 19:40

If the marriage was in the south, you would have been able to find marriages up until 2013 for a brief 3 week period when the GRO's civil indexes were put online free. I loved it as mother's maiden name was added for births, which made things a lot easier for me. :

It was then pointed out that very precise information on living people was available for all to see, and the site has been closed down.

I was lucky enough to get a little use out of it.

Maybe the marriage you're thinking of would have been in the north though?

I doubt you'll find that recent information online. :-(

"New Irish civil registration indexes: one week on
A week ago today, the indexes to the General Register Office's civil registration records of births, marriages and deaths were uploaded* to a microsite on the state-run IrishGenealogy.ie. They are free to search.

http://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jspThe intense excitement of the launch, which had been 'coming soon' since last October, has now given way to slightly calmer searching as researchers become more familiar with the online database, so this seems a good a time as any to summarize some of its features and to mention a few idiosyncracies that may be causing research headaches.

What does the database hold?

Searchable INDEXES to: ALL civil registration records of birth, marriage and death collected on the island of Ireland from 1845/1864 up to and including 1921 and ALL civil registration records collected in the 26 counties of the Irish Free State/Republic of Ireland since 1922 to 2013.

In what way does this index differ from all existing indexes of the same collection?

All pre-existing online indexes originate from microfilms made by the LDS Church in the late 1950s and end with registrations from 1958. The new index holds records right up to 2013 (an unexpectedly recent date!), is state-sanctioned, and includes details added by General Register Office staff to aid identification. While the LDS/FamilySearch index holds 23million records, this new database holds 27million.

Additionally, a new method of referencing the index is being introduced. Instead of the researcher having to 'create' an index reference using the name, year (and quarter) of event, place of registration, volume number and page number, each registration entry is now being assigned a unique Group Registration ID number. Thus far, these ID numbers have been assigned for all births, marriages from about 1901, deaths from 1924. GRO staff will accept certificate applications using either the old or the new reference. If you're quoting the Group Registration ID, you can download a purpose-made application form from John Grenham's website.

What are the real advantages of this index?:
The Birth Index stretches from 1864 to 2013. The Mother's maiden name is included from 1900, albeit rather inconsistently in the first few years. The actual date of birth is included from 1900 to 1928, again with some inconsistency in the early years, and from 1966 to 2013.
The Marriage Index stretches from 1845 (for non-Catholic marriages) and from 1864 (for all marriages) to 2013. While entries to the turn of the 20th century are recorded, as in pre-existing indexes, with each partner to the marriage entered separately, marriages from 1912 onwards are indexed as a couple ie you don't need to cross-check two entries for the same reference number. There are some 'joint' entries dating from 1903, but certainly not all.
The Death Index stretches from 1864 to 2013. The marital status of the deceased is recorded from 1966."

I can see why it was closed down, but it would have been so useful!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 31 Dec 2014 19:43

How about digging around on this 'Official' site

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/bdm/Certificates/

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 31 Dec 2014 22:38

Thanks everyone for the help. tried all the links but without success.
The Irish link wanted the same in formation off of me as I was looking for...
ie, the "exact" marriage date. :-(

Thanks again all.
Seems I will have to try a different tactic which I didn't` necessarily want to do, that is to contact one of her friends in Ireland, whom I have never met or spoken to before.