General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

blue badge parking

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 31 Dec 2014 17:55

saw a warning notice at the hospital today,stating you now have to pay to park even though you have a blue badge.so remember to take change with you.

this was at Pilgrim hospital at boston lincs.i wonder if other places have done the same.
if you go to hospital quite regularly you can buy a £15 ticket which allows ten visits,but they dont advertise it ,i learnt about it from a patient.
parking should be free.

wendy

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 31 Dec 2014 17:56

We don't pay here in Wales Wend :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 31 Dec 2014 17:59

I am Blue Badge and our hospital has been charging us for ages. They are Hertfordshire but the other direction where OH goes is Bedfordshire, no charge there.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Dec 2014 18:16

we do pay at the large University Hospital of Wales [Heath Hospital] - even blue badge holders have to pay there - some idiot gave a very long contract to the parking company when the hospital opened in the early seventies and it has years to run - none of the parking fees go to the NHS - it's a disgrace

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 31 Dec 2014 18:26

If the car is classed as "tax exempt - disability" then no parking charges are applicable at NHS hospitals regardless of the parking contractor. That applies throughout the UK.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 31 Dec 2014 19:01

i only have to pay parking charges at our hospital if i cannot find a disabled bay to park in.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 31 Dec 2014 19:08

WE PAY AND ALL DAY IS £20 PER DAY ,NOW IF THERE IS TWO CARS THEY BOTH PAY £2O
WHEN I SPENT TWO MONTHS IN HOSPITAL MOST ON LIFE SUPPORT IN ICU IT CAST HIM THE £20 FOR HIM AND HE PAID MY SON AND DAUGHTERS PARKING AS WELL

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 31 Dec 2014 19:08

WE PAY AND ALL DAY IS £20 PER DAY ,NOW IF THERE IS TWO CARS THEY BOTH PAY £2O
WHEN I SPENT TWO MONTHS IN HOSPITAL MOST ON LIFE SUPPORT IN ICU IT CAST HIM THE £20 FOR HIM AND HE PAID MY SON AND DAUGHTERS PARKING AS WELL

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 31 Dec 2014 19:47

It would have been cheaper to get taxis Dizzi.... :-)