General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anna Zammit.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joseph

Joseph Report 17 Jan 2015 17:14

Does anyone know if Anna is still active on Genes ? :-S

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jan 2015 17:27

don't know who she is

Try Search members trees

Joseph

Joseph Report 18 Jan 2015 15:57

Anna has a tree that includes my uncle. I have sent four messages, to-date no acknowledgement, hence my inquiry is she still with us - in every sense of the word.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Jan 2015 16:07

have the messages been opened?

look in "sent" messages and see if the little square at the left of the message is dark green or empty - if dark green, not opened

Joseph

Joseph Report 20 Jan 2015 18:27

Thank you AnnCardiff. Dark green, how can I confirm she is a current ' Genie '
;-)

jax

jax Report 20 Jan 2015 19:36

You cannot tell if she is still using the site....but can tell roughly how old the account is by looking at the membership number

we are now at 13 million

my account is 2007 and 7 million

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 20 Jan 2015 19:49

"look in "sent" messages and see if the little square at the left of the message is dark green or empty - if dark green, not opened"

This is not a failsafe method and does not look the same for every user anyway.

As Jax says, the membership number may give a rough indication of how long an individual has been a member for (assuming that it works sequentially) but you could also try a search to see if they have ever added to a thread or instigated their own.

Joseph

Joseph Report 21 Jan 2015 18:04

Thank you both for your replies. The envelope remains unopened and the membership No: 1156613. Thinking the best scenario she could be skiing in Austria or sunning herself in Marbella. Lets hope she's well.

MY glass is half full, it needs topping up :-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Jan 2015 18:11

Joseph after 4 messages unopened, I would top up the glass rather than wait.
After saying that it took a year for my half cuz to answer me.

Joseph

Joseph Report 21 Jan 2015 19:24

Following your suggestion I need to buy another bottle tomorrow. ;-)

jax

jax Report 21 Jan 2015 22:16

You could always try to contact her on facebook just add Harrow after her name

Joseph

Joseph Report 24 Jan 2015 18:17

Thank you for the suggestion. I must admit to being adverse to these sites with there inane gossip and foul language. One man' s meat ......................

On this site we enjoy light exchange of conversation and a wish to assist others in their research. Long may it remain.

Island

Island Report 24 Jan 2015 19:10

Joseph, a lot of GR members use Facebook.

jax

jax Report 24 Jan 2015 19:50

Well thats up to you... but thats where you will find her ...very unlikely that she is using this site still after 10 years if you hav'nt had a reply

Oh and I prefer facebook to this site as it happens :-)