General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Boys and toys

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Jan 2015 10:53

A friend on FB has posted a poster - a boy with a doll in a sling, with the words: 'So you let your son play with DOLLS. Aren't you worried he may turn out to be.......................................................................
A good father?'

Daughter had problems with her ex mil, who thought our grandson pushing a pushchair containing a teddy was 'wrong'. Daughter explained it was exactly what HER son did - he pushed his son in a pushchair.

My grandsons also enjoy playing with one of my dolls houses (no lights and furniture I don't like). Goodness knows what the woman would say about that! :-\

Anyway, they also have figures with this house. Their favourite one is 'Crazy Cat Lady', that was given to one of my daughters as a joke.
The grandsons say it reminds them of me :-|
Just looked online - 'Crazy Cat Lady' was a cheap, joke present.
No more:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Accoutrements-Crazy-Lady-Action-Figure/dp/B0006GKJ7C

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 19 Jan 2015 12:14

My youngest son had a doll's pink push chair with a doll in it, it what he wanted so i bought it for him,, after a while he used it in the garden to transport rubbish from one place to another..lol

But i will say he is now a very hands on and caring father to his children.
<3