General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Super Market Substitutions.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 25 Jan 2015 12:01

All genuine............

I ordered 12 tins of Whiskas cat food from A*da and it was substituted with 12 tins of Pedigree Chum (dog food)!!

I once had a pack of Cadbury Creme Egg's substituted with a box of bog standard hens eggs.

Instead of bread I was sent a packet of brazil nuts - even the driver was confused.

I little jiff lemon juice was what I wanted- but got a single banana instead! Both are yellow i guess

Had kitchen roll instead of toilet roll

Had spring water - instead of gripe water - somehow don't think this would have helped my daughters colic/wind.

I ordered a poppy seed loaf and was sent a bag of poppy seeds! The funniest thing was how Customer Services defended this sub. Oh yes I'm sure my kids would like a sprinkle of poppy seeds for lunch instead of a sandwich!

The wife ordered some Tampax, the substitute was Twix bars.

I once ordered coleslaw and this was substituted with toilet roll ????:confused: . Even the customer services couldn't figure that one out.

I have had a bag of ice cubes instead of an iceburg lettuce from A*da

I ordered a pack of 4 still waters from A*da and I got.....A bottle of smart price white rum! Think my OH drank it.

They sent Wotsits instead of Persil - my whites have never been the same since.

Instead of 4 loaves of bread I got 4 bags of carrots!!!
Even the driver was laughing.

Friend ordered tampons and got frozen chicken legs - the mind boggles

The best substitution was I ordered two pieces of steak, they sent me an apple pie :confused:

And finally...........................
I got a gala melon I hadn't ordered. Turns out loads of people were getting them - the driver said the computer had screwed up and was substituting them for the delivery charge.

There's loads more here.........

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1322337

Fly

Fly Report 25 Jan 2015 12:08

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Sally

Sally Report 25 Jan 2015 13:05

:-D :-D :-D

GinN

GinN Report 25 Jan 2015 14:31

My Grandson works as a "shopper" for Tesco - I hope he wasn't responsible for any of these mind boggling substitutions :-0 :-D ;-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 25 Jan 2015 16:41

I often unpack my daughters Asda shopping. The daftest one they substituted was when she ordered a baby's bottle brush. They sent a baby's hair brush instead. How we were supposed to get that into the bottle to clean it, I don't know

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 25 Jan 2015 16:58

let's all be fair to Asda! - they do have a facility for saying whether you will accept a substitute! And Tesco is even better with the opportunity to modify your substitute such as "only no sugar added".

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 25 Jan 2015 20:22

lolol

DH could get a job as a shopper :-D

When he does the shopping, I make sure to be specific with the list.

He took the scribbled list......... which had "romano" on it

He had to ask for help in the supermarket, nobody knew what it was :-S and he came home with a jar of spaghetti sauce with romano.

Don't buy it....... it was horrible :-(

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 25 Jan 2015 21:25

MR-MAGOO

I think they need better glasses

Barbra

Barbra Report 25 Jan 2015 23:10

Got an order today from A~~~sd 5 items substituted & dearer :-| but as somebody says i should have said no dont send anything else . only just seen that bit on my order :-S will be shopping local so i can see what i am getting in the future :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Jan 2015 00:13

I once asked in a fabric shop if they had verigated thread...

The assistant said "We don't stock that brand"

:-S

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 26 Jan 2015 10:57

I once asked in a record shop for "Humperdinks "

Hansel and Gretel opera

reply was,

" I didn't know Engelbert was an opera singer......... "

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 26 Jan 2015 11:26

Barbra - they do specifically say they won't charge you more for subs even if the sub is more expensive, complain if they do!

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Jan 2015 11:50

Thank you Elizabeth .will have a look on line later & get in touch with them Barbra

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Jan 2015 11:53

There are other places to buy food and groceries than online often of much better quality and less expensive. However you have to be a-d enough to go there instead of using a pick list on yr mobile.

"Yer pay's yer money but you don't get no choice"
"