General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

code offer not given

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cathie

cathie Report 28 Jan 2015 21:42

hi i ve just joined and i had a code that gave me one months membership for £1 but i ve still been charged full price ,the code was from ,family detective ,how do you get in touch with someone in authority on here to speak to ,i cant find anything linking to that ? ,also do you have to pay 5 credits everytime you want to see a birth ,death marrage cert ?? ,what happens when you ve used them all ,whats the months membership for ?? ,i dont get it ,i ve joined a few sites and once you ve paid a subscription its free to see certs ,the only way you can tell if its the right cert is by looking ,also you cant put 2 family names together to help narrow the search down

confused.com

Graham

Graham Report 28 Jan 2015 21:46

Try emailing [email protected]. If you don't get any joy try [email protected].

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 28 Jan 2015 21:50

You cant get to "see" actual images of certificates on Genes... What you get are transcriptions only.

Graham

Graham Report 28 Jan 2015 22:00

This link should tell you what you should expect from your subscription

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/payments/subscription

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Jan 2015 23:16

Don't spend your credits on the BMD index on GR unless they are after about 1970. Try http://www.freebmd.org.uk/ as its FREE