General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

well I go to the foot of my stairs lol

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Feb 2015 21:37

As some may know my hubby isnt too well in health. He has Alzheimer with associated Lewy Body Dementia.

He is very wonky on his feet and getting up to loo in the night is very dodgy for him as he can fall,has done in the past in the bathroom. SOOO some time ago I bought him a bottle that is a sort of portaloo so he can do what he has too and get back into bed after

Its plastic and is getting a bit stained and wont clean off so I tried to buy him a new one today

Boots where I bought the last one NOPE they don't have em anymore

Sainsbury Pharmacy where we get our prescriptions NOPE they dont have em or seem to understand what exactly it is !!!!

SOOO I am willing to buy not get an NHS handout if such is issued but am getting no where

They must use them in hospitals so someone must make em

I despair sometimes

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Feb 2015 21:50

It's called s*ds law.
The population is getting older, so they stop producing aids for them!!!

Is it called 'A bright new world'??

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Feb 2015 21:54

Know what you mean maggie :-(

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 4 Feb 2015 21:56

found via google - www.purpleturtle co.uk - various items under Travel Toilets" which might help - quite a lot came up under "travel portaloos"

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Feb 2015 22:00

Thanks will take a look :-D

Phyll

Phyll Report 4 Feb 2015 22:09

Various urinal bottles at www.welcomemobility.co.uk if this is any use to you.
Phyll

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Feb 2015 22:14

Thanks

BUT its bee annoying that folks with no internet connection cant search for any suppliers

Seems everyone is expected these days to have internet BUT lots of the older generation really dont know what its all about or have any idea on what its all about

Am looking around to see if I can buy online :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 4 Feb 2015 22:16

Purpleturtle??? How dare they?

Shirley, have you tried soaking the stained item in denture cleaning solution? Might help

Lizx

Kay????

Kay???? Report 4 Feb 2015 22:23

Hospital use disposable ones now made of compressed cardboard,.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Feb 2015 22:23

Liz
have tried denture cleaner . bleach , bathroom cleaner etc etc but the bottle is still stained

Loo descale too that is supposed to get below the waterline

Bee thing is still stained and doesnt look that hygienic

It may be OK but I worry about OH , Maybe too much!!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 4 Feb 2015 22:35

http://www.livingaidsuk.co.uk/

try this site Shirley --look under -Around the Home seaction,,,good prices,

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 4 Feb 2015 22:46

Shirley. google Complete Care Shop. Look under toileting aids, you may fine what you are looking for. xx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 4 Feb 2015 22:47

Try Napisan. Great for getting stains out.

Napisan is available everywhere in Australia, but I found a similar product in Boots in England......... not on the shelf, they kept it under the counter! :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Feb 2015 23:12

Oo-errr Lady Scozz.
Makes one wonder what nefarious uses it had been put to :-S

Yorkshire

Yorkshire Report 5 Feb 2015 00:46

how about milton the stuff used to soak babies nappies

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Feb 2015 10:11

Hello just wondered if you can contact Altziemers help line surely they could help you with personal needs for your Dad ..or Age Concern .maybe worth a phone call ..My Dad had Altziemers .I looked after Him with help for 4yrs .its very hard .Best wishes .Take Care Barbra

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Feb 2015 11:26

Thanks folks

looked online at various sites and found what looks good on Amazon. they are hospital quality and design Bought two to have a spare for later, £3.15 each plus £2.75 P&P

Might as well get the two for the same P&P for 1 so will save in the long run .

But anyone who doesnt have a PC must struggle to know where to go .

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 5 Feb 2015 14:08

This is where Social Services would come in very handy Shirley. They can provide so much to help you and it isn't a form of charity, it's a form of help to which you are entitled. It's something which you have both paid into and which you both deserve.

My OH was a 'professional' in his working life and is reluctant to have people poking and prying into our business and we claim no benefits apart from the Attendance Allowance.

However, we had our stairlift fitted this morning, courtesy of the Council - no means testing involved - OH fits the criteria - and that's fine by me - he's paid enough in taxes etc. over the years. :-D

As our Parkinson's visitor said....."Don't buy anything until you have checked as to whether you are entitled to it via the council".

Which reminds me...the OT mentioned a special cushion which may be helpful to him but haven't received it as yet. Think I will give her a ring to see if the offer still stands. We bought a cushion a couple of years ago, thinking it would be useful, but it is stuffed in the top of the wardrobe :-( At least I can send this other one back if it isn't suitable... :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 5 Feb 2015 14:13

Have you tried your Local Chemists? they may stock them or know where you can buy one.