General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SAD LIGHT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 6 Feb 2015 14:31

HAS ANYONE USED A
SAD DAYLIGHT LAMP,
WAS IT ANY GOOD & DID IT REALLY HELP

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A MINI DAYLIGHT
AND HOPE IT HELPS ME

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Feb 2015 15:39

S.A.D. Seasonal affective disorder 

Short days and long nights can be depressing for many people especially if it's difficult to get outside when the sun does shine. The media have said that the lamps can help. If you think that it might, then probably it will.

Good luck with your experimentation.

brightonbellex

brightonbellex Report 6 Feb 2015 15:45

yes I have a lamp I bought half way through last winter and it still helped a lot. I only use mine for about 30 minutes a day while I'm just sitting at the laptop or watching tv. Everyone is different but I have seen a positive change :-)

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 6 Feb 2015 17:13

I have had S.A.D.'s Lamp for over a year mine is a Phillips lamp with alarm as the light comes on a good half hour before I need to be up..

Cost £50 but well worth it as I don't have bouts of depression anymore.

Bought 2 more (cheaper version) for 2 friends 1 in Blackpool t'other in the Wirral that had the same problem and the lamps are working for them. :-) :-) :-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 6 Feb 2015 17:24

I loved my SAD lamp and yes it worked. I was given mine years ago by a locum doctor.
The lamp died and my decision to move to Spain means I no longer use one. Do note that is use not need. I still hate winter and short nights.

Good luck with yours Dizzi

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 6 Feb 2015 17:47

THANKS
MINE COST £35 THERE WAS A HUGE ONE FOR £50,
BUT THE SMALL ON E THROWS OUT STRONG LIGHT,
WELL I WILL GIVE IT A TRY AND HOPE IT WORKS
JUST NEED THE CONFIDENCE IT WILL WORK XXX

Joeva

Joeva Report 6 Feb 2015 18:28

I was given a Diamond 3 at the beginning of December and apart for a few days over the Christmas holiday have used it every morning since...... apparently 30 minutes early in the day is recommended for this model. So ideal for me when I drinking my 2 mugs of coffee. :-D

I think that it has been very beneficial to me by lifting my mood and making me feel more energetic......... so would say it definitely works for me.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 6 Feb 2015 18:35

Dizzi,

Bet it will work for you..

I was very sceptical about mine working with £50 down the drain if it didn't.

But I am so glad I bought mine. :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Feb 2015 22:39

Where did you get yours Gwen, maybe I should try one

Lizx

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 7 Feb 2015 06:46

HI LIZ
I GOT MINE FROM A SHOP CALLED MAPLIN,
THERE GOOD FOR SMALL ELECTERIC THINGS

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 7 Feb 2015 06:53