General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PPI

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 9 Feb 2015 12:49

have been mis sold?

did you get compensation?
have you heard of Affinion International?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Feb 2015 13:03

I was mis-sold, I did get compensation - the FULL amount, as I didn't go through any 'middle-man'. (aka rip-off merchants)

Some banks have web-sites dedicated to repaying PPI, most have an on-line form to fill out.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 Feb 2015 13:05

me too and I got the full amount

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 9 Feb 2015 15:43

My DIL had a letter out of the blue, from an Insurance Company, referring to her grandmother, who died several years ago.

DIL had done the probate, and as her grandmother had been insured with this company, she rang them up. They confirmed that, as next-of-kin, she was entitled to the refund, and promptly sent a cheque for the full amount. :-) :-) :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Feb 2015 15:50

We handled our own claim. Dead easy.

Googling Affinion International brings up links to insurance Mis-selling for credit cards theft. Many/most CC give automatic cover anyway.

We did pay for something like that but on the basis there was only one number to ring regardless of the card providers.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 9 Feb 2015 16:46

The latest ambulance chasing fad is companies offering to take up your case and "win" you a pocketful of dosh if the original company which offered to take up your case and "win" you a pocketful of dosh didn't, in your opinion, "win" you quite enough dosh.

Now, why have my insurance premiums gone up again?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 10 Feb 2015 00:10

just as I thought..........will talk to my bank......

dunno how AI got hold of my details.......

Bob