General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

"Blended" families

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 11 Feb 2015 07:29

Lots of them around.

I was talking to a local woman, I knew she had quite a few children.

Four are hers from two previous relationships, two (or three?) are from her husband's previous marriage, and they have one daughter, who is five years old.

The woman said that everyone in the family adores & loves the youngest...... maybe because she is the only person in the house who is related to everyone else

:-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Feb 2015 11:26

My daughter's family is like that.
I have one grand daughter - Father, S - they never married
Two grandsons - Father A - who daughter was married to, but he has since left. The responsibility of looking after his own children proved too much for the pr*tt. He couldn't even manage to look after the family dog, the weekend he was given the responsibility.
Grand daughter still sees her father - who also has a younger son, so she has 3 half brothers. Two by her mother and one by her father!
:-S

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 Feb 2015 13:17

Perhaps I shouldn't mention family tree conundrums where children are the result of sperm supplied by shy Danish men.

Profitable business in Denmark, I'm told.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 11 Feb 2015 14:53

Much the same as our family. I have 2 children from 1st marriage, hubby has 3 from previous and we have 2 more between us. As a consequence we have 12 Grandchildren. Well I am sure you can imagine the length of Xmas lists ;-) :-D :-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 11 Feb 2015 17:05

My second cousin married four times, he had no end of children. His last wife had seven kids several with another guy. Happy blended families? No, he went home one night and put a bullet through his head.

:-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Feb 2015 17:24

WELL i too have a blended family

Grandson was engaged aged 18 and they had a kiddy and lived together after he was born. Mum couldnt cope and went back home.
He was devastated but consoled himself so a daugter was born he didnt live with the mum

After a few years he took up with another lady who was married but separated with a son , They got engaged and had a daughter BUT that relationship too went south and he left . Was a blow to all of us cos we loved the girl and know the baby was planned

After a while he met his now wife , she had two children too by previous relationships and she was bringing both of them up .

They married and now have their own 6 year old and her 12 year old living with them . her eldest girl is now an adult and flown the nest but visits regularly

ITS joy too that he has his two girls every other weekend although he doesn't now see his eldest child . not his choice but family pressure from the mums side

It can be difficult to say we have 4 grt grandchildren all with different mums

well and truly a blended family

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 Feb 2015 01:22

I suppose o.h. and me are a bit ' blended' O.h. has two sons, both living away, with 3
children between them. My son's fiancee has a little boy of 6 and they hope to have children together too. Little 6 yr old has a halfbrother and halfsister with his dad and wife.

I am Nannie to o.h.'s grandkids which is nice.

Lizx

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 12 Feb 2015 09:51

OH has sort of - his widowed father and his first wife's widowed mother married soon after OH did. So his mother-in-law was also his step-mother :-S All cosy until OH and wife divorced - that caused major problems as the older pair couldn't 'take sides'.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 Feb 2015 12:24

Not a new thing. One ancestor married a woman who already had 1 son. They then had 4 of their own, she died. He renarried a woman with 2 daughters, they went on to have 2 more children.

9 children between them and the relationships get very convoluted.