General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pointless Labelling

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 11 Feb 2015 16:57

Just opened a new bag of sugar and noticed it has a list of ingredients on it. :-S I say list; but it's just one ingredient. :-S

It's like labelling a bag of nuts with the words "may contain nuts".

Has anybody else seen any pointless labelling on anything?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 11 Feb 2015 17:53

I had a frozen Ocean Pie. Guess what ' Contains Fish ' :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 11 Feb 2015 18:13

My jar of peanut butter has a warning that it contains peanut. I hope so!!!

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 12 Feb 2015 11:34

I see from their labeling that vegetable oils are almost entirely made up of fat and qualify for a red traffic light.

It was unclear what the remaing content actually is but a fair assumption is that it consists of Dihydrogen Monoxide, a colorless, odorless, tasteless compound which allegedly kills over 3 million people worldwide each year. Why no mention of this?

Graham

Graham Report 12 Feb 2015 12:16

Three million people die annually because their vegetable oil has water in it? :-S :-S :-S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 Feb 2015 12:20

Sadly this pointless labelling is to protect them from prosecution.

There are some very stupid people out there who would complain that peanut butter would make them ill because they are allergic to nuts!!

Then there are the foodstuffs which contain NO nuts but are prepared in the vicinity of some which do contain nuts, and in some extreme cases, just a whiff of nuts can kill.