General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Enfield, worste Borough for cleanliness

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 13 Feb 2015 18:35

We live in the borough, and are going out to eat tonight. Should I ask to inspect the kitchens? Bob

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 13 Feb 2015 20:21

oooer

after dinner, don't cough until you get home

;-)

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 14 Feb 2015 19:26

Last night went well. Met up with friends that I have known for 50plus years. No food poisoning, so full marks to the Robin Hood, and no hangover as I was driving. Today we took grandson to the PizzaHut ( in Southbury Rd) and still no adverse symptoms. So far full marks to Enfield all round. Bob

Wend

Wend Report 15 Feb 2015 00:47

Oh dear, quite a few of my dead rellies lived in Enfield :-0

Dermot

Dermot Report 15 Feb 2015 09:21

Having once seen a piece of film on TV of a cleaner wiping the loo seat and then the door handle with the same cloth, I'm inclined to think that public toilets are so filthy, the less you touch the better.

Unless the taps can be controlled without touching them, I leave it and wipe my hands with antibacterial wipes or on the back of my trousers, whichever is the nearest.

It's all very well washing your hands, but you usually have to touch the door handle on the way out and thus get all the germs back! I cannot bear the thought of it & I hope I'm not putting you off your Sunday afternoon brunch down at the Local.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 15 Feb 2015 20:18

Wend, what were their surnames? I might have known them. Bob

Fiona

Fiona Report 15 Feb 2015 21:20

There is nothing like living in Enfield, well certain parts of it. :-(