General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My freezer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Feb 2015 20:53

I'm a bit thick on this one!!! stuff in my freezer is too frozen - it's on setting No: 6 - do I move it to 8 or 4? Advice please :-D

Libby

Libby Report 15 Feb 2015 21:05

I would put it at 4.

There again, what would I know. I am the person who tried to polish her coffee table with oven cleaner last Friday :-0 ;-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 15 Feb 2015 21:05

Lower the setting,,,,,,,,,,depends on what type of freezer though,

the higher the setting the more leccy its using and its could be belting hell out the motor.

Both my chest freezer and upright are set at 2 and it takes about 3/4 hours to freeze fresh meat.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Feb 2015 21:06

Gut reaction is to turn it to 4.

If you can, try looking the make/model up on the internet and see if there is a downloadable instruction booklet.

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Feb 2015 21:09

Ann I have my Fridge & freezer on 3.they work fine . :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Feb 2015 21:09

thank you - much appreciated - down to 4 it goes

Ron2

Ron2 Report 15 Feb 2015 22:22

Ours is on 3

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 15 Feb 2015 23:17

i have mine on 5 but 6 if i want it to fast freeze, i suppose it varies with diferent makes.. :-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Feb 2015 23:42

Our freezer is stuffed........ with soup, quiches, frittata etc etc

Went to get something for dinner yesterday and realised there was no meat in it. :-0

DH wanted a steak, so I sent him to the supermarket.

I must tidy up that freezer!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 Feb 2015 03:50

Our Bosch fridge/freezer is on -17 for the freezer and 05 for the fridge so can't help you, I am afraid, Ann. You will soon find out if things are better with yours on a lower setting

Lizx

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 16 Feb 2015 05:57

It is temperatire that matters, not the setting number, which is different for each machine. Your manual should give an indication as to what temp range each setting no represents otherwise you could always buy a freezer thermometer. You can get them on ebay for under 2 quid.

We have Bosch machines too and they are set to +4C for the fridge and -18C for the freezer, to all intents and puropses that is the same as Liz, and within the recomended ideal temperature setting to keep your food in good condition and safe.

On the odd occasion we want to fast freeze there is an over-ride button, no need to change the settings.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 16 Feb 2015 08:47

my chest freezer is on 1 out of 1-3
fridge on 6 out of 1-9
little freezer on 3,1/2 out of 1 -6 = -18 deg C