General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scotty's Little Soldiers..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lavender

lavender Report 15 Feb 2015 23:42

A charity started by one of the 'Young War Widows' featured in the television programme of the same name this week.

Three brave young women and their children, who are learning to live without their husbands and fathers by their sides, spoke candidly about their tremendous loss.

It was an emotional and moving tribute to these young Servicemen killed in action.

The above charity, named after the husband of Nikki Scott, is dedicated to providing support to the bereaved children and families of Servicemen and women from the British Armed Forces.

Their webpage shows what good work they are doing.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 16 Feb 2015 00:07

Lavender, I watched the programme , it was so moving, made me cry. How dreadful for the families of those young men who lost their lives. Makes me wonder how they manage to carry on but they have to for their little ones. :-(

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 Feb 2015 00:18

I have heard about this charity before as well as on that p rogramme. I think it was a brave, lovely idea and hope it will continue for a long time to come as long as children need such support.

Lizx

lavender

lavender Report 16 Feb 2015 12:03

I did think that the programme will have a reached a wide audience. They are based in Norfolk, we hadn't heard of them previously.

Such a worthy cause. They have three Lodges for families to stay in and enjoy holidays, and visits to Center Pa*rcs etc. Also give special gifts on memorable occasions. I heard the young woman, Nikki, was on This Morning recently, I am going to see if I can find it on Catch Up. So courageous to have found the energy to have started this wonderful charity work, especially with a young family to care for <3 <3 <3