General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Williams 1813 - 1915

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kuros

Kuros Report 19 Feb 2015 17:17

No, I'm not looking for him, I've found him. I'm doing a tree for my sister-in-law and this old boy was her great-great-grandfather. His remarkably long life - particularly at that time - took in the reigns of five kings and a queen. I wonder how many of us will be able to say that.

Annie

Graham

Graham Report 19 Feb 2015 17:20

Well, so far during my lifetime we've had one queen and no kings. :-)

Kuros

Kuros Report 19 Feb 2015 17:25

The last king died on my second birthday so it's one king and one queen for me so far.

Annie

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 19 Feb 2015 17:31

King George died when I was 6 so like Annie1 king and 1 queen

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Feb 2015 20:19

like most of us .....................

I've lived through 1 king and 1 queen

but my parents were born in 1903 and 1904, and died in 1961 and 1971 respectively, so they lived through 4 Kings and 1 Queen

Edward VII 1901-1910
George V 1910-1936
Edward VIII June 1936-December 1936
George VI 1936-1952
Elizabeth II 1952-

My brother was born in 1929 and died in 1991, and lived through 3 kings and 1 queen

My parents were like so many of their generation ...................... they loved the Prince of Wales who became Edward VIII and then abdicated.

Of course, the British public knew nothing of his private life, or of Wallis Simpson, at the time

it was a much gentler time, and the media were not like ravening wolves publishing every little bit of prurient gossip, true or false.