General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I did an evil thing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Feb 2015 02:17

I picked up Betty(cat) tonight.
She hates it.
I don't regularly pick up any of my 3 cats.
They sit on my lap, interfere with me while I'm on the computer - one sits on my lap, 1 sits on my mouse and 1 sort of (not seriously) chews wires. I can pick up the 2 male cats, no problem, and they relax.
Their sister Betty should have been called Quicksilver.
Loves her belly being rubbed when she's lying down, but try to pick her up, and she's gone!!
Not too far - she's still rubbing against my legs.
Finally manage it - and she's leaning out. Really uncomfortable, hating it. I put her down - she doesn't run off - still there demanding attention, but DONT PICK ME UP.

And she's such a fluffy cuddly looking midget of a cat. You know - the sort you want to pick up and cuddle........
Try to pick her up again - fail, but she's still there, demanding attention.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Feb 2015 02:30

She should be called Contrary Mary, Maggie! Cats just have their own way of accepting a cuddle or attention and woe betide the slave tbat tries to move the goalposts.

Really miss having cat

Lizxx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Feb 2015 10:38

cats are in charge - end of :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Feb 2015 11:10

I just love the way, when I pick her up, she holds herself as far away as she can, with a terrified look on her face. With her dilated pupils, she looks like a cartoon cat :-D

Any cat who was as terrified as Betty looks would run off as soon as they were put down. Betty doesn't, she just harasses me for attention - but not cuddles :-S :-|

She was born in my house, has never been hurt or mishandled (apart from when I put flea repellent on. Then, apparently, judging from her reaction, I'm half-killing her) - and has NEVER liked being picked up.

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Feb 2015 11:46

Think you are evil?

My lad, who thinks all time not spent in cuddling is wasted time, is old and had a little bit of botty trouble recently, as is usual in the elderly.

I have some glycerine suppositries ready in case it should happen again.

Surely that is true evil intent!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Feb 2015 12:41

Eeeooowww yuck!
Incredibly evil!

It's bad enough chasing Betty around with either a wet-wipe or scissors when she has the odd 'dag'. (She's got long fur - the scissors are to cut it off if it's 'set'. :-| )

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Feb 2015 14:59

We took on our daughters cat Kizzy when she moved in with her now hubby as he was very severely affected by cat dander

Kizzy was a rehomed cat from a local cat home but they didn't want to know when daughter asked if they would take him back

We took him on so he had a home . He was a very independent boy ,jet black with a similar disposition . He knew us and our cat Mirabelle so we hoped he would settle in .

Well Mirabelle wanted to be friends but he was so up himself he tolerated her and gave her the odd cuff to put her in her place,

He would spend all night outside ,did this too when he lived with daughter , he would come home in the morning to be fed have a kip then off out again.

Never did want to be come up on your lap , would accept the odd stroke on his way in or out .

He lived with us as a convennious to himself but never cos he loved any of us .

We gave him a good home for 4 years and let him do what he wanted. Sadly he went his own way for a long time then just suddenly came home one morning and didnt follow his usual routine which was noticible so much so he was taken to the vet who wasn't able to take him in there and then as it was a Saturday . He went in on a Monday to be xrayed etc and a phone call later said they had found multiple tumours in his stomach . We made the decision to let him go whilst he was under .

Still think though he was a good boy who was given two good homes and his temperance was a loner