General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Streetlife

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Feb 2015 12:02

Had a letter through the door yesterday addressed to 'The lovely person who lives at.............. Inviting us to join the online community for our village/area. A free website for sharing info on the area, giving things away etc.

Has anyone joined this?

Island

Island Report 22 Feb 2015 12:27

We have a few FB pages dedicated to the local community Ann - from history to buying/selling.

Is yours part of a national group?

Is it this? https://www.streetlife.com/

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 22 Feb 2015 13:10

We have a couple in our area of London, it is a really good idea. One is specifically forchat and news, the other is to advertise services and bits for sale.

Have found good painters, pkumbers etc., on there. And because they are local they cannot afford any bad publicity.

These local community FB pages are a really good idea.

Sally

Sally Report 22 Feb 2015 13:20

we have had a letter as well but I have ignored it as I was not sure if it was ok or a scam

sally w <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Feb 2015 13:25

thank you, yes Island that is it, it is national. I shall go on the website now then. Like Sally I was a bit wary.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Feb 2015 15:28

thanks for your help. I have joined it now, not a lot on there as it is a new one but some posts of interest.