General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding out when a member added their tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Edna

Edna Report 24 Feb 2015 21:01

Is it possible to find out from Genes Reunited when a member added the names to her tree as I am trying to contact someone who now seems to be inactive and not replying to messages.
I am helping a lady with her search for her siblings and I seem to have found them all placed by a GR member using two Surnames for each of them.

Thanks

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 24 Feb 2015 22:26

Edna,

Usually people start adding their names to their tree straight away as soon as they join the site.

The person you are trying to contact could have let their membership lapse or are too ill to do their or even changed their email address and not passed the email address on to GR.

Edna

Edna Report 24 Feb 2015 22:59

I believe this person has the same name in each of the trees with these membership numbers and I have tried to send a message to each one but not had a reply from any of them, is there a way to tell how old these membership numbers are, the person was born in 1966
Member No. 6546225
(Member No. 9300316)
(Member No. 8821540

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 24 Feb 2015 23:45

You have been a member since 2005,your membership number is 3822406

I would roughly say around 2007/2008 as people were joining pretty fast around those years even the year you joined.

The way I can tell your membership number is by putting the cursor over your name .

You need to keep sending messages a couple more times and then if you still don't get a reply then I am sorry but they may have changed the email address and not doing their tree any longer.

Edna

Edna Report 24 Feb 2015 23:57

Thanks Sue that makes things a little clearer now
I will send a few more messages but it isn't looking hopeful

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 25 Feb 2015 00:35

Good Luck. :-) :-)

Kense

Kense Report 25 Feb 2015 07:55

6546225 would have started around Jan 2007
8821540 about May 2008
9300316 about Aug 2008

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Feb 2015 09:14

I have a cousin (and a granddaughter)with several tree memberships...........
chiefly because they for got their login, so started another

but didn't get the bug, as it were......

Edna

Edna Report 25 Feb 2015 11:51

Thank you KenSE that gives me a date to work with looking for messages elsewhere,
Bobtanian I thought that would be the case too.

Edna

Edna Report 13 Jun 2015 00:56

Through trees on here I have managed to piece together all the siblings of my friend and now they are all in contact for the first time in their lives, so thank you GR trees do help.