General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Quite sad really

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Feb 2015 11:45

The other day my neighbour, who is not far short of eighty, mention, through gritted teeth oozing venom,'that woman round the corner'.

The woman is of a similar age and the reason behind the loathing is this.

My neighbour's husband was in the habit, for many years, of going to the local football club on a Friday evening to enjoy a pint and a game of darts.

His wife could who has, I think, suffered from constant PMT, from birth, could have gone with him for the two hours he was there .Quite the playboy eh? The other woman would be there with her husband.

My neighbour chose, instead, ti sit at home and imagine her husband was having an affair with the other woman which he never was.

Anyway, after all these years, my neighbour has never forgiven the woman round the corner for the affair she imagined she had with her husband!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Feb 2015 11:52

How sad. Presumably she wouldn't believe him even if she'd bothered to ask.

If this is a 'new' thing, might she be developing dementia? I know my mum accused my dad of having 'fancy women'.

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Feb 2015 11:59

Oh no.

Born with PMT that woman!

Mrs Moody! She has been my neighbour for some fifty years and always had the chip on the shoulder.

It was her habit to take offence at something totally innocuos that was said in conversation and stop talking to you until she saw fit to begin again.

I once decided that I would make the decision this time and, ten years later, she was still doing all she could to get me on side.

She never pulled that one on me again!

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Feb 2015 12:17

Perhaps it was a deep rooted fear and so she projected it on the woman because she 'expected' an affair to happen sometime, maybe she saw a similar situation as a child with a marriage breakup, and has never trusted anyone?

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Feb 2015 23:14

Dunno but it is a bit of a bummer for the poor woman she hates for something she imagines she did!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Feb 2015 23:48

Has PMT woman said anything to the "other woman"? or does she spread her venom to everyone else?

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Feb 2015 23:54

It was years ago and the other woman has known all the time.

I think the phrase ' get a life' might be particularly appropriate to PMT woman.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Feb 2015 23:58

some people are happiest when they are at their crabbiest .... and everyone else has to tiptoe around them.

A certain ex-sister in law comes to mind.

:-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Feb 2015 00:17

Does she live next door to me?

That would be a cause for crabbiness in itself!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Feb 2015 01:20

lol....... nah, and she doesn't live next door to me either, she's in another State.

When my niece (her daughter) got married a few years ago, a woman approached me, with her arms outstretched...... I didn't recognise her....... she was wearing HUGE sunglasses........ but when she spoke I recognised The Voice... yup, my brother's ex-wife........ she leaned towards me.... and I thought she was going to bite me! Then.... after an airkiss .........in an "AbFab" voice, she said "You Look Faaaaaaaaabulous".

It was scary.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Feb 2015 10:17

Have to admit to doing something similar to the above, Scozz :-D

.........but it was to my ex's other ex - the one after me - the money-grabbing ****

Then I introduced her to our ex's current girlfriend - who was nearly gagging, trying not to laugh at my 'out of character' charade. (she is lovely, and now a friend) :-D :-D