General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

keepsafe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 26 Feb 2015 15:56

anyone help me with this. Don't know if its me unable to understand or what but here goes.
I paid for credits to save documents on "keepsafe" but when I try to look at them again it takes me back to having to pay for more credits to see them again ?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Feb 2015 15:59

they only save for a certain amount of time I believe .Your best bet is to download them to your PC and save them there

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 26 Feb 2015 16:17

Hi Lynne :-)

I'm afraid Shirley's right.

Whatever documents you have obtained through Genes Reunited, that you have then stored in your Keepsafe, can only be viewed if you have a Platinum Subscription or to Pay As You Go (or using Credits with a Standard Subscription)

I think that with Pay As You Go / Standard, once you have viewed the document, you will need to use more credits to view it again.

With a Platinum Subscription, you can view the document in your Keepsake however often you would like to, but once your subs run out, you will not be able to.

I always download to my own computer. That way I will always have that document, but I do also attach it to a person on my tree, and save in my Keepsafe, as I have Platinum.

Lynne

Lynne Report 26 Feb 2015 18:07

Thanks everyone, think I need more technology training !