General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another of my neighbours

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Feb 2015 10:36

He is a builder and he treats me like I am a batty, senile old biddy who should be in an institution but that's alright, it's a laugh.

The other night OH took Fred's mate home. He lives about five miles away in town and when they went out the builders van was standing by the side of the road, outside his house, with the engine running, ticking over nicely.

When OH came back it was still doing the same. Not being of much help in an emergency, OH thought he might be trying to gas himself so he got the stuff that needed to come indoors from his own boot and strolled in with it to tell me.

Now, I have no reason to stop the builder gassing himself if he wants to, he has finished the base for my shed and the base for the greenhouse and I can't think of anything else I need doing so I rang his land-line which I know is upstairs.

When he didn't answer, I rang the neighbour the other way who he is quite friendly with and does a lot of work for.

I don't know what happened after that but there were no ambulances and the builder's van has not been there during the day, his wife has her own car so she would not be out in it, so he must have been out and turned it off.

Whose short- term memory has gone again?

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Feb 2015 22:44

I have evidently given the wrong impression here.

He wasn't trying to gas himself but he who treats me like I am losing my marbles, and he is probably right, went indoors to watch television and left his engine running.

Tee hee hee, who has more marbles?

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 27 Feb 2015 22:49

maybe he was hoping it got nicked :-D :-D