General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Apologies if this has been on before.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Feb 2015 16:57

Our NHS.
Have a look at this:

https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/save-our-nhs-petitions

Years of privatisation and squeezed funding are putting our NHS in danger. If the next government doesn’t dramatically change course, our health system could crumble before our eyes.

With under 70 days left until the general election, it’s time to act. Can you sign the petition too? Click here to add your name:

https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/save-our-nhs-petitions

Thank you

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Feb 2015 17:22

There was a gathering in Winchester today, in support of the NHS.
It was outside Starbucks.
I tried contacting 38 degrees, to see whether they would be pointing out that the tax Starbucks doesn't pay could help our NHS, or whether it was just a really bad decision for a gathering.

I couldn't contact anyone . :-|

I never went.

I have, however signed the petition - did that a few weeks ago - and the one demanding the loophole Starbucks, Amazon etc use to avoid paying tax is closed!!

Annx

Annx Report 28 Feb 2015 17:27

Done...............It needs good management, less waste and at least some token charges in A&E for drinking related accidents, plus more funding of course.

Whatever happened to the old convalescent homes? If we had those again it would reduce the bed blocking they talk about and free up valuable hospital beds. I hate the negative phrases used these days. Bed blockers should be renamed recovering adults and pensioners and OAPs should be renamed long lived adults.....an achievement to be proud of instead of being made feel a nuisance!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Feb 2015 17:41

I do so agree with you Ann

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 28 Feb 2015 17:52

Signed.