General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my new smart phone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Feb 2015 17:22

against my better judgement my friend persuaded me to move up in the world and buy a smartphone - so I did :-S

instructions that came with it were limited so I've just downloaded the full instructions off the net - 30 pages of stuff and I still can't make head nor tail of the thing

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 Feb 2015 17:27

good luck Ann lol xx :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Feb 2015 17:31

Ann I got a Nokia 610 I phone as a free upgrade on hubbys account We are both small users ,hubby more than me. but the offer was good and as his current phone had gone kerputt it was worth juggling things around.

I had gone over to PAYG on Family Mobile that only topped up to £10 when your balance was around £2 .Hubby was still on O2 on a monthly fee. He never used any of his free allowances so its wasnt worth it

SO we upgraded his Virgin Media offer for an I phone at £22 per month . I have that phone . We cancelled his O2 account and transferred the PAYG sim to a new phone I bought him . So everyone is happy

I did find that the I phone was difficult to get used too, still get lost but gradually am getting used to it

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Feb 2015 17:36

I live in hope :-D

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 28 Feb 2015 17:59

AnnCardiff,,,which phone did you get as I am looking for a new phone....see my thread

""Advice on smart phone and tablet"""

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Feb 2015 18:23

it's a pay as you go huaweid

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 28 Feb 2015 18:38

Thanks ANN.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 28 Feb 2015 18:58

Tesco were doing a Motorola XT1021 for £7:50 a month...........all in.

unlike talk talk which is half price!!! but for only 6 months......

Bob

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Feb 2015 20:33

I really only use a mobile for emergencies when I'm in the car - wish I'd never bought this thing :-S

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Feb 2015 20:39

Ann get a 6 year old to show you,,,,,,they will have it sussed in 10 mins flat. :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Feb 2015 21:00

I've thought of that :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 28 Feb 2015 21:34

If it's a smartphone plug it in, switch it one and let it work things out for itself ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Feb 2015 21:40

how kind of you Allan - all sorted then :-S :-S

Allan

Allan Report 28 Feb 2015 21:42

Glad to have been of help, AnnC ;-) :-D :-D :-D

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Feb 2015 22:40

I am forever in your debt :-D