General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census search by address

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Phyll

Phyll Report 4 Mar 2015 14:19

Have forgotten how to do this. Please can someone help me out.
Many thanks
Phyll

Graham

Graham Report 4 Mar 2015 17:18

I don't think that's do-able on GR. It used to be possible on FMP; I don't know if it still is.

Phyll

Phyll Report 4 Mar 2015 18:42

Thanks Graham
Have tried FMP with no luck.

greyghost

greyghost Report 4 Mar 2015 19:17

On FMP -

Click on Search to get drop down menu
Click on A-Z of record sets
Click on which census year you want to look at
Input data - I have just tried by putting Nottinghamshire and London Road (1861). It has given me all the London Roads in Notts with the RD's, Parish, First name/s, Surname, birth year and birth county.
If you know more i.e. the parish, beware - when I went back to edit and put in St Mary - it asked me to choose from amongst all the St Mary's everywhere! (but was OK when I put the RD in first i.e. Nottingham for this example.

Make sure when you eg. input the county that you want (it will bring your choice up in blue) that you then click on that to confirm, otherwise when you click on search, the county gets lost - I was just offered over 43,000 country wide results instead of 600 for a county wide London Road search and 286 for Nottingham RD

Also got results with this example by just inputting the RD (Nottingham) and London Road.

You can then click on any name and get transcription and original as usual.

Hope this helps

Phyll

Phyll Report 4 Mar 2015 19:53

Many thanks greyghost.

Will try tomorrow and see if I can find what I want.

Phyll

Phyll Report 4 Mar 2015 22:56

Actually I am going to wait until the weekend as FMP is free from Friday 'till Monday