General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Husband and wife Family Trees/Seperate or Joint

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorna

Lorna Report 11 Mar 2015 17:04

Not sure if this is the right comment board to put this query on but would like some advice please?

I was thinking of doing a joint Family Tree but would it be best to separate my FT from my husbands, what do you think, pros and cons please?

Thanks.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 11 Mar 2015 17:14

I have mine and OH´s separate. I would find the whole lot too large but then we don´t have children to be interested in it.

I think it´s really a personal choice.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 11 Mar 2015 17:16

You have to do what's best for you. I have put them together because in the end some are related to me, some to OH but they are all related to our children. :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Mar 2015 17:17

I have only my tree on here

On my FTM I have his parents tree too that emanate form our marriage and you can choose the branches you want to do a genealogy report

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Mar 2015 17:29

Deffinatively separate.
Like Shirley I've also created seperate trees for his parents.

However, unless you have multiple accounts, GR will only support one tree.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 11 Mar 2015 19:07

as the tree I do is for my grandchildren
ours is joint :-D

Lorna

Lorna Report 11 Mar 2015 20:12

Thanks for people's comments, I will definitely need to think hard on this before I continue.