General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grand daughter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Mar 2015 02:43

My 12 year old grand daughter is the captain of the school rugby team for her year.
Last week, (at 11am) she got kicked in the leg, and her leg became numb. 'That's nothing' she said 'Had it been Saffy, I'd be unconscious!!'

After school, as her leg was still numb, my daughter took her to A & E,
Whilst waiting, grand daughter got some 'Haribo's' from the vending machine, and was handing them out (after asking the parents if it was okay) to the younger children waiting.
They (daughter and grand daughter) got home at 3am. :-0
It was a strained muscle, rather than a broken leg :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 Mar 2015 02:58

that'll be a bit painful!!

But good that it wasn't broken.

Your daughter must have been very worried.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Mar 2015 09:06

What a long wait for a young child. As Sylvia said painful but better than a break.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Mar 2015 13:36

It was a long wait - and the majority of the other children were younger than her :-(

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 12 Mar 2015 13:36

Hi Maggie :-)

I hope your Granddaughter's leg will be better soon, Maggie:-)

Is she following The Women's Six Nations Championship?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31138111

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Mar 2015 13:55

Hi Jemima, I'm not sure. She goes to quite a few live matches (both men's and women's), so I guess so :-D

She's such a sweet looking girl, though, with an extremely 'girly' name.. Very tall (5'4') and very slim, but obviously a demon on the pitch!!

Apparently she's very persuasive when it comes to getting replacements for matches. Some poor girls are sweetly persuaded off the Netball pitch. They've never played rugby before, so get a quick 'run down' from grand daughter - and then have to join the fray!! :-S

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 12 Mar 2015 14:20

:-D :-D :-D :-D

I have just had the brilliant idea of going to Swansea on Sunday to see the Wales Women v Ireland Women. You can pay at the gate.

That's if I can get OH up as he goes "out" on a Saturday night! :-| :-|

I wonder whether my daughter would fancy it? :-S :-S :-D