General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What Mobile phone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Phyll

Phyll Report 12 Mar 2015 18:13

Ok, so I got the iPad, now we need a mobile phone for idiots. Which do you think would be the best one to use just for informing each where we are etc. Don't really need photos, emails etc.
Many thanks
P

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Mar 2015 19:14

Can only suggest you take a look around . places like Tesco and Sainsbury do phones and if you only want a PAYG one you can get one with no Sim so you can hook up to any PAYG supplier.

My hubby has a basic Nokia and is reg with Family Mobile . he put £10 on to start and the phone automatically tops up when the balance is around £3 This has no time limit you could take 1 month or 12 months to use the units They supply a free SIM too

Personally I like Samsung phones but it's all a personal choice .

Would say though get one you can switch Bluetooth on or off whichever make you choose

http://www.yourfamilymobile.co.uk/

Phyll

Phyll Report 12 Mar 2015 19:51

Thanks Shirley
Will have a good look round as you suggest.
Phyll

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 12 Mar 2015 22:31

Mine is a Doro, with an O2 PAYG sim card. I put £10 in to start it off and it lasts for 6 months. Provided I spend something in that time, the 6 months starts again. I have had it about a year and spent £2.25 so far.

I bought it at the Carphone Warehouse, where they were very helpful.

Phyll

Phyll Report 13 Mar 2015 14:46

Thanks Andysmum
I will have to shop around. We only need something simple
Phyll