General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London Pollution Charge & the LandRover Defender

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 18 Mar 2015 13:31

Never fear convert to a neat small block petrol V8.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/corvette-powered-british-4x4-wildcats-land-rover-defender/?utm_source=t1&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=august14gallery

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 18 Mar 2015 19:25

I have a LR Defender, ex army c1987. As I live within the LEZ I have taken it to the farm in Essex where I shoot and keep it locked in a barn. I leave my car in the barn and use the LR around the farm, then swap them over and drive home in the car. The farmer charges me less rent than it did to keep it taxed, insured etc. and it has worked out very well. My nephew who is a diesel fitter services it for me every now and then, so if I want to sell it in the future I should have no problems.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 18 Mar 2015 19:36

I recently bought a dual fuel LR - best purchase I ever made.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 18 Mar 2015 19:45

Did I read that correctly? Small block, v8?

at 6.2 litres?
how much is that in gallons per mile?