General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have a wooden cot .Yessss

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 23 Mar 2015 16:39

The powers of facebook. Saturday I was asking for a wooden cot free or cheap. Today I went a bought a cheap one that I had been told about.

I would have preferred an old fashioned on fairly high off the floor with sliding sides, instead I got one that is fairly low and set sides but the price was right and it was close by.

I now have a child free house with a baby gate and a cot :-D :-D :-D
Don´t you just love confusing the neighbours :-D :-D :-D ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Mar 2015 16:56

Not just the neighbours!!!

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 23 Mar 2015 17:08

lol Ann it´s for Mini with the hope that if she can sleep in the bedroom with us she won´t yap all night because she is lonely.
I know I have very spoilt dogs :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Mar 2015 17:13

Is that a recent thing? She didn't use to yap at night when we were there did she? I know I wouldn't hear her but T would.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 23 Mar 2015 17:31

Ann she wasn´t so bad then but did occasionally but she has become a real grumpy demanding old thing, I keep saying that she reminds me of my Mum now :-D. Well she is coming up 14yrs so I guess she´s allowed :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Mar 2015 17:44

Maybe she doesn't feel as well as she did and it makes her nervous of being on her own.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 23 Mar 2015 17:59

We think it´s her age which is one of the reason we are trying to accommodate her grumbles. Although believe me at 4am that isn´t always easy. :-S We can but try and make her comfy she is an old lady and beginning to show it. So if a cot is the answer then so be it :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Mar 2015 00:40

I love to confound the neighbours :-D

Years and years ago we had a neighbour across the street who used to watch everyone and everything.

If you told her anything, it would get twisted before she passed on the information to all the other neighbours (at least the ones she was talking to ............ although that is a whole other story!!)

For example, we were going to be having some work done on the outside of the house, so we told her when the workmen would be there, knowing she would be watching anyway.

Three days later, we met our next door neighbour, who asked if we were leaving. :-S

Nope, said we,

The story she had been given was that we were having the work done so that we could sell the house, I was then going to leave the OH and move to Australia :-D :-D

One of our close male friends (unmarried) said "we'll give her something to really talk about" ..............

OH was away, as she knew, when D came to the house to take me for dinner with other friends.

I opened the front door, he glanced over his shoulder to see if neighbour was watching, picked me up, swung me from side to side, and planted a big kiss on my cheek but close to my mouth .................. then pushed me inside the house and closed the front door.

We opened the door about 5 minutes later ............. and walked out to his car

She didn't spread any more rumours about us ................ at least none that got back to us :-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 24 Mar 2015 07:52

:-D :-D :-D@ Sylvia. I wonder what she did think tho´ ?

Oh we had a quiet night last night :-D :-D :-D ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Mar 2015 09:14

did she sleep in the cot?

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 24 Mar 2015 13:09

Ann she did and was curled up asleep when I got up this morning, Here´s hoping it wasn´t a one off ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Mar 2015 17:04

that sounds good!!

Uzzi ................. I never asked ;-)