General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Still can't do it.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Mar 2015 13:37

There is some room in the freezer and Tesco have some quite interesting Quprn in at the moment so I thought I would do an order and, while I was at it, I would top up the store cupboard.

I always hope the person who picks my order doesn't know me because it shouts 'Dull !!! very loudly.

Having bought currants and butter beans and other equally exotic fare I noticed that I was entitled to buy something else and have the cheapest of three for nothing.

Hoping to save a little of my street cred, I eagerly perused the list for something that would show me up for the finger on the pulse, Devil may care individual that I surely am and what did I choose.

Yes, a box of suet!

Sadly, I also went through the list to find the Tesco's own because it was cheaper.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Mar 2015 14:06

They won't think you're dull - they might assume that you're buying your flavourings from Waitrose :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 29 Mar 2015 18:13

Why would you look for the cheapest, Sharron? As long as it was cheaper than the other two items, it would have been free anyway lol

Lizx

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Mar 2015 21:40

Because I am very sad Liz.

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 29 Mar 2015 21:51

nope not sad at all

getting the cheapest made you very happy :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Mar 2015 22:09

Doesn't take much.

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 30 Mar 2015 01:09

cheap is good, isn't it?

oh it broke - oh well it only cost a dollar anyway.

oh I don't need a new dress, This dress was new when I made it (in 1970) :-P

etc.

Sharron

Sharron Report 30 Mar 2015 01:17

You know me so well.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 31 Mar 2015 14:09

THEY GOT LEG OF LAMB £5 KILO

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 1 Apr 2015 09:59

A local farm market shop had some beef...........

for £35 or was it £39 per kilo..........

wonders,

what do they do with it if it doesn't sell?

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Apr 2015 10:02

But it does at that price. It is when it gets to be a bit more dear than usual that people think about what they are paying.