General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mrs Harris's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Apr 2015 00:02

When we moved in in 1964, Mrs Harris lived at number four and Fred's mate#f amily at number five. Mrs Harris was in her seventies and a typical granny who looked after all the neighbour's children, made jam and wore a floral wrap-over pinny.

Our friend M burbles on, talking rubbish most of the time (homeless people stole that shed) and insists on reading out excerpts from the paper to us.

This afternoon, we three were in my front room, Fred's mate on the left, me in the middle, facing across them to the television which was on low and messing about with the cat. M was to my right with the paper, gabbling on about who knows what.

Fred's mate and I were talking about something that involved the television.

M chimed in about that man who wants a head transplant and said it reminded him of the Monty Python sketch about the man who had an ****hole transplant and was rejected by it.

I actually caught that bit of his burbling but Fred's mate evidently did not because I heard him say[- " The first one I ever saw was Mrs Harris's. She invited us in to look at. It was fourteen inches square I think."

He was describing a square with his hands as I slowly sank to the floor.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Apr 2015 00:28

:-D :-D :-D :-D

(wipes sprayed plonk off keyboard)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 10 Apr 2015 01:34

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Apr 2015 03:01

'Mrs Brown's boys' has nothing on you and your household Sharron lol!!

I often have to be a mindreader with o.h. as he flits ftom conversation to conversation and I have to guess where his mind is going.

Never a dull moment for you eh?

Lizxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Apr 2015 05:32

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 Apr 2015 08:01

Mr Wilkinson must have slept well last night.

I was not expecting it to be here this morning.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 10 Apr 2015 19:01

Who is Mr. Wilkinson?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Apr 2015 20:46

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 10 Apr 2015 21:09

larf out loud :-D :-D :-D

You have a real talent for story telling you might think about taking it further - you have years of plots and some great characters. There is a black hole for humour for the over 30s ( hence all the repeats of Summer Wine etc ) and the radio are always looking for new writers.

In any case don't stop posting your funny stories.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 10 Apr 2015 21:31

Could you send M over here please - sounds like just what I need... :-D

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 10 Apr 2015 21:31

14 INCH ,THINK OURS WAS 12 INCH,,,,
AN YES COFFEE SPLUTTERED LAPTOP.

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 Apr 2015 01:15

As I recall, there were doors on Mrs Harris's as well.

Mr Wilkinson was the man on 'Open All Hours' who told Granville not to think about eggs but to have the wholesome fried bread with his bacon.That is who I picture as RRing everything.