General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm bruised & sore

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 12 Apr 2015 02:46

:-(

Friday night, on leaving the club...

We were walking out the door, and a man behind us tripped over his own feet and crashed into me. I didn't fall over, but he did a faceplant!

He was on the ground, making awful noises. He had a big scrape on his forehead, and had broken the frame of his glasses...... then we noticed he had dislocated a finger. I gently squeezed his finger and popped it back in. We got him upright, but he was a bit dizzy. By then a few people had gathered........ tried to talk him into taking the courtesy bus home, but he shrugged us off! We thought he would walk home as he lives close...... before we realised what was going on, he got in his car & drove off!

I woke up yesterday morning to find I have bruises on my arm (how did I get them?) and my back is really sore. I'm sure my back is sore because of him crashing into me, but how did I get the bruises? Did he grab me his way down?

We don't know his name, everyone knows him by a nickname, and we're not sure where he lives, so we can't check up on him.

He's not a young man, he's at least 75! Silly old bugga shouldn't drink so much.

:-(

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 Apr 2015 04:55

Sorry you got bruised, Scozz, must have been a shock being banged into by that chap, and maybe he did grab your arm as he fell. What a fool to drive home, even if he hadn't fallen he was probably over the limit. Someone should have strong words with him, he could have become dizzy again and crashed into someone else while driving, particularly as he had broken his specs and maybe couldn't see properly.
Hope you feel better soon

Lizxx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 12 Apr 2015 05:19

We always get the courtesy bus, even though we live less than 10 minutes drive from the club. I'm amazed (and shocked) that more people don't use the bus. Maybe it isn't seen as "cool" :-(. Getting picked up for drink-driving must be cool? :-|

I was very sore yesterday, a bit better today, but the last thing I needed was a drunk banging into me! I have enough problems at the moment, including a wonky hip.

Have words with a 75+ year old who thinks he knows everything? Good luck with that.

:-| :-| :-| :-|

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 Apr 2015 09:44

there's probably a 75+ year old woken up to find half his face missing, glasses smashed and a finger that hurts like billyo and wondering who that woman was that caused it all......