General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

101 Uses for Baby Wipes....1 - 50

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 19 Apr 2015 19:54

1.To curl hair! Curl hair around the wipe, tie in a knot, let it dry overnight and the curls are set.
2.Wiping up spills.
3.In the classroom, write Kids names on their desks with sharpie pen and then wipe away with a baby wipe when their desk changes.
4.My daughter uses them as blankets for her baby dolls.
5.Use them to “freshen” yourself up when you need to run out of the door!
6.They’re softer for noses when kids need to blow their nose.
7.I use it to remove my make-up
8.Wiping up kids hands and faces
9.When they are dried out, use them as spill cleaners for when you’re in the car!
10.When they are dried out, use them as softer tissues.
11.Cleaning my dog’s paws and my kitty’s bottoms <–sometimes it just needs to happen!
12.Wiping down the toilet.
13.They are great for removing deodorant from black shirts and dresses.
14.Keep handy in the car for cleaning up after the play ground or after having ice cream.
15.Works great for getting excess hair dye off of your forehead and skin.
16.Best sneaker cleaner EVER!
17.Works like magic getting crayon off of my walls!
18.Wipe down an ipad or phone.
19.Clean grocery cart handles.
20.I have heard that our deployed soldiers use them for a wipe down bath when they don’t have access to water.
21.I have used it as a way to get my son included in cleaning things around the house without being worried about him getting cleaning products all over himself and the house.
22.They are great for dusting furniture.
23.I use them to quickly wipe down car seats when they get funky.
24.I use them to wipe up stinky kid feet during the summer :). I have done this too!
25.I use them to tame fly away hair in the winter – in other words, they are indespensible!
26.There isn’t a surface known to mankind that can’t be wiped down with a baby wipe!
27.Gets dried bird poo off of my car easily.
28.Keep them in the fridge for a cool wipe down after a workout or hot day.
29.I’ve used baby wipes to get the stains out of my carpets.
30.They seem to get more dirt off of our wood floors than our swiffer does!
31.They’re suppose to be very good for cleaning your fishing rod. Seen it on the fishing shows, makes them look brand new!
32.Wipes take off mascara better than any kind of remover!
33.Wiping down the table after the kids have eaten.
34.They get the grime off the steering wheel and the car door pretty well!
35.If one of our dogs has had any accident on the carpet {No. 1}, soaking it up with a wad of baby wipes helps minimize the staining.
36.Cleaning white boards.
37.Boogers!
38.They remove ink – ink pads or permanent marker so easily!! Even off of skin and walls.
39.I use them to clean the bathroom including the counters and toilet!
40.The DISHWASHER! You know, around the edges of the door and around the hinges. Just wipe and toss!
41.They will take just about anything off of micro-fiber material.
42.Put them on the kitchen floor, let kids slide around on them to clean the floors. The kids think it’s great fun!
43.Getting the proteins from allergens {milk, nuts, etc.} off of tables and hands {restaurants, amusement parks, etc.}. Very popular in the allergy community!
44.Getting make-up off the bathroom sink.
45.Camping. You can use them for wiping up hands or cleaning up before bed time.
46.I use them to wipe down the baseboards – you know, that little edge where dust loves to settle! Just wipe away :)
47.Run through hair if static gets bad!
48.Cleaning my leather couches works well.
49.Wipe nailpolish off during manicures.

Cooper

Cooper Report 19 Apr 2015 20:10

A staple of every festival goers backpack :-)

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 19 Apr 2015 20:19

i use them for all my dusting and furniture , a lady in the Heart Foundation shop told me that they use them to clean everything..

i also have some for snotty noses and smelly bums when the grandchildren come :-D

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 19 Apr 2015 21:13

When I was having the district nurse around following an op, I talked aboit using them and nearly fainted.

She told me that they can takestripf paint!! Didot try, still use them and also use them to clean loo seat!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 19 Apr 2015 21:42

Vinyl office chairs........ the ones with the "wrinkles" around the buttons........ babywipes get all the rotten dust out of the wrinkles.

They get the gecko poo off my leather lounge suite too

Great for cleaning grubby fingermarks off light switches

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 19 Apr 2015 22:13

Have to remember tho' that they are not antibacterial so no good for toilets and kitchen tops..

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 19 Apr 2015 22:21

I use them for wiping lots of things around the house,including the grandchildren.

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Apr 2015 00:47

Oh dear.

You know, like, when you have a little log jam type of problem?

Well, I will just say that it is better than trying to work it out with pencil and paper!

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 20 Apr 2015 00:48

I use them to clean our computers- screens, keyboards and mouse.

I also use them to clean make-up off the collar of my black leather jacket.

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Apr 2015 00:57

They will clean tar off your windscreen and clean your hands better than Swarfega if you have been having a bit of a tinker under the bonnet.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 20 Apr 2015 01:35

What was No 50? :-S

they don't get bat poo off the car!

nothing gets bat poo off.

I hate bats...... and their poo :-(

Not "normal" bats, but fruit bats........they're known as flying foxes....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey-headed_flying_fox

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Apr 2015 17:43

http://www.greenvillegazette.com/video-if-you-use-baby-wipes-be-warned-i-never-knew-this-could-happen/

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 20 Apr 2015 21:54

It clearly states on my packet of baby wipes....... do not flush down the toilet!

:-)

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 20 Apr 2015 22:05

Mine are Johnson's , i can't find anything that says you can or cannot flush..although i never do anyway.. :-)

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 20 Apr 2015 22:48

three years ago we had a neighbour with 3 children under 6 - twice in ten months their drain backed up to ours - baby wipes. They swore blind not them - but second time the call out warned them straight irrespective of what it said on packet do not put wipes down the toilet. No call outs after that.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 20 Apr 2015 23:31

Hate them - we managed without them for centuries.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/mar/19/dont-flush-wet-wipes-toilet-conservationists

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 21 Apr 2015 11:18

The "personal" wipes...........clearly marked on the packet...... flush no more than two!

:-(