General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

101 Uses for Baby Wipes....50 - 101

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 19 Apr 2015 19:56

51.I use them for EVERYTHING!!
52.As a member of the military, I used them for cleaning weapons. Perfect for cleaning carbine.
53.They are one of the only products approved for cleaning car seat straps!
54.Dark colored liquid stains on carpets {coke, coffee, etc}. Lay wipes down over the spill, then a towel, and step on top to soak up the spill and stain!
55.They work great on streaky, greasy stove tops!
56.Wipe down the cat to remove extra hair.
57.Cleaning out my dogs nose, ears, and eye gunk.
58.Cleaning the chalk board and white board.
59.I am always spilling my coffee on my white shirt. If you can blot it right away after the spill, it will remove. It’s been a lifesaver so many times!
60.I’ve been told time and again that they can remove blood from clothes.
61.Eye glasses clean up – it reduces scratches, too.
62.Cleaning ink off of craft stamps.
63.Put them in the dryer, they are great for that extra fluff. Use the dry ones for dusting afterwards!
64.I use them to clean my cat’s ear {the vet’s recommendation!!}.
65.Wiping down door knobs.
66.Cleaning the grill.
67.Hubby uses them to clean his motor bike, they are great for cutting through the grease.
68.Wiping off the pacifier when it’s dropped.
69.Getting dried paint off of clothes.
70.A soft drink exploded in my Mother in law’s car. She couldn’t clean the roof lining with anything until she tried baby wipes!
71.After I dust the blinds, I pinch a wipe around each blind and I can clean both sides at once. Super clean blinds in no time!
72.Cleaning DVD’s and CD’s works amazingly!
73.Great for cleaning off your fishing hook after you’ve caught something.
74.Removing strawberry juice off the carpet!
75.They get most spots out of wedding dresses.
76.I use them when I’m crafting to get the small amounts of glue on my hands.
77.Cleaning a cut when you don’t have a first aid kit handy.
78.Cleaning kids toys!
79.I use them to create beautifully swiped backgrounds for cards with water-based inks!
80.Getting pen off of photographs.
81.I use them to clean library dvd’s and books.
82.Good for cleaning chalk and rope grime off of hands after rock climbing.
83.Killing ants. I have used them for larger bugs too…ick!
84.For arts and crafts, you can drip ink on them and use them as multicolored ink pads with rubber stamps.
85.Getting red wine out of clothing!
86.I’m a varsity soccer coach and I keep them in my bag for getting off blood, dirt, makeup, and cleaning up cleets.
87.Cleaning window ledges!
88.Popsicle cozies {or a popsicle wrap} because my kids hate holding cold stuff and it catches the sticky melting popsicle from getting all over their hands! <—-so smart!
89.Cleaning our fans and AC units.
90.I used them to get freshly spilled RED nail polish off of our CREAM colored floors!
91.Cleaning up any puke in the car!
92.Quick clean up for high chairs.
93.We use them for wiping off love bugs from the car before washing the car. A must have here in Florida!
94.Wipe up highlighter on white carpet!
95.Yoga mat cleaner :). My gym does this too!
96.To get sand off right after the beach. Brush the sand off with a wipe!
97.They are fab for alloy wheels, too!
98.Getting sap off of clothes. Tear one in half. Fold both of your halves in half. Place one on top off the sap and one underneath the sap. Put something on it so that it can soak in for a few minutes and it takes off the sap!
99.Spot cleaning the kitchen floor.
100.Getting permanent marker off of the walls and kids skin!
101.Brilliant for getting off face paint.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 19 Apr 2015 21:58

No posts on this one :-(

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 20 Apr 2015 07:00

I'll keep a packet of babywipes in the car from now on.......

for the next time I puke after I've been rock-climbing

:-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Apr 2015 13:34

http://www.greenvillegazette.com/video-if-you-use-baby-wipes-be-warned-i-never-knew-this-could-happen/

Moms around the country may have cheered when they first discovered the time saving convenience of baby wipes, also known as flushable baby tissues or moist tissue wipes. But a recent news report done by All In With Chris Hayes that aired on MSNBC are warning mothers that their use of baby wipes is wrecking havoc with the nation’s sanitary and waste treatment systems.

Although the marketers of these types of baby care products emphasize their convenience and insist that they can be safely flushed down the toilet, interviews with waste management experts are showing what really happens when someone flushes a baby wipe and it enters the city’s sewer system.

Advertisement

Unlike toilet tissue, baby wipes do not disintegrate as they travel through the sewer system. Rather, they collect on the sewer system equipment, causing back-ups and costly jams. With nearly 20 billion baby wipes sold in 2013 alone, 9 million of those in the moist tissue category, waste management processing plants are having one devil of a time dealing with the messy sludge that results because product manufacturers have encouraged moms and dads to simply flush the wipe down the toilet without giving it a second thought.

This recent report clearly shows that baby wipes should best be discarded into the waste can rather than flushed into the sewer system, where they are causing a unique set of headaches for waste management officials in cities around the country.