General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Quote, which some of you might appreciate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Apr 2015 12:19

:-) (from a book I read this week Sheila Hancock 'Just me', I highly recommend it) and taken from this link:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2007/jan/27/featuresreviews.guardianreview19

Quoting Ryszard Kapuscinski (who I knew nothing of )

" To the degree to which we are able, we should oppose everything that could again give rise to war, to crime, to catastrophe. Because we who lived through the war know how it begins, where it comes from. We know that it does not begin only with bombs and rockets, but with fanaticism and pride, stupidity and contempt, ignorance and hatred. It feeds on all that, grows on that and from that. That is why, just as some of us fight the pollution of the air, we should fight the polluting of human affairs by ignorance and hatred."

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 20 Apr 2015 12:28

She's not wrong. :-D

PiersFromKent

PiersFromKent Report 20 Apr 2015 13:33

Wise words :-)

Dermot

Dermot Report 20 Apr 2015 18:45

'War is a continuation of politics by other means'. (Carl von Clausewitz).

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 20 Apr 2015 19:21

thank you Rose ..wise words

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Apr 2015 20:46

very wise words .........

and we are seeing it all around us at the moment

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 20 Apr 2015 22:52

TRUE
MAYBE WE ALL SHOULD USE IT AS OUR SUPPORTING QUOTE

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Apr 2015 02:59

How can we teach our young people to live by these wise words when adults make violent computer games, neighbours are intolerant of each other, some parents don't bother to teach their children compassion, or consideration? Until we can change the greedy, selfish attitudes of so many, there is no chance of peace and harmony in our world

Lizx