General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Keep this to yourself.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Apr 2015 23:50

On Saturday, the anniversary of Fred's passing, we opened his jar for the first time.

His mate took two of the rosemary plants that were on the tables at his funeral and planted them on the grave of his brother.

He also put a little special fertilizer in the holes with them hem,hem.

I do hope none of our church wardens come on this site.

Some of him is going into the gardens of a couple of people in the village and , because I always told him that is where he wasgoing, a little pinch will be going in the digester cone in the garden.

The original idea was that I would dispense with all the expense of a funeral and just pitch him in the cone head first. We said we would use his legs to grow the runner beans up!

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 21 Apr 2015 00:11

He is probably have a good laugh at the moment.

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Apr 2015 00:16

Not if he is with his brother. They will be having a punch up.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 21 Apr 2015 00:17

Bless him x

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Apr 2015 00:27

:-D :-D :-D

One question.
Do the people whose gardens he's going in, know?

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Apr 2015 00:32

A perfect way for Fred to live on in the village, Sharron. You really should write his story from all the posts you have written. Fred deserves to have his life story preserved for posterity.

Lizxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 21 Apr 2015 00:33

Maggie, lol

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Apr 2015 00:39

They never did Maggie!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Apr 2015 05:29

:-D :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Apr 2015 09:13

:-D :-D :-D :-D
So, I presume these aren't friends gardens, and Fred's still 'sneaking' around the village :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Apr 2015 09:59

As I am sure I have mentioned, Fred emptied cesspits or years. One woman was telling me that the first time she met him was when she found him standing in her kitchen.

He had been busily sucking up the smelly stuff with the help of her little (then ) boy, (children were drawn to open cesspits in much the same way as blow- flies), when the lad invited him in for a cup of tea.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Apr 2015 10:06

:-D :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 21 Apr 2015 20:15

I think its lovely Sharron Fred would be so proud :-D :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 21 Apr 2015 20:29

My rosemary is managing to grow unaided, but I'm sure Fred still has good work to do in your village.

Seems fitting for him to still be a presence in the gardens and churchyard there.

Gwyn