General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NEPAL

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 28 Apr 2015 09:26

Just before 11.00 BST an appeal was put out for Nepal.

Please remember that we owe a great deal to those people of Nepal, the Gurkhas, who have served us well for many years.

Not everyone can give money but if you have bricabrac to go out remember Oxfam and Save The Children charity shops.

Thank you for reading this :-) <3

Dermot

Dermot Report 28 Apr 2015 11:02

I hope nobody objects to me mentioning here the world-wide request for finance to help alleviate the awful mess caused by the terrifying tremors.

UK Radio & TV are already publicising the appeal.

Details are available on DEC.ORG.UK.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 28 Apr 2015 11:43

I know we are not all in the same circumstances but those of us who are able to do so should give simply because there is a huge humanitarian need However if anyone is hesitating perhaps we should remember the enormous contribution Nepal has made to help us in various wars. I believe they even sent a sum of money to London to help the civilian population in the aftermath of the Blitz. They were very poor and it wasn't a huge amount but it showed great compassion. Perhaps we should now give some of that compassion back.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 28 Apr 2015 12:00

Oxfam are accepting donations over the counter in their shops. There was quite a queue this morning, I'm glad to say.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Apr 2015 14:41

Anyone who gets e mails from 38 degrees can donate through their secure website.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 28 Apr 2015 15:55

Thanks for putting this on here

Joy

Joy Report 28 Apr 2015 19:39

No matter how much nor how little, all donations over the counter and online http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals/nepal-earthquake-appeal will be of help to victims of this terrible tragedy.