General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well that was a surprise!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 7 May 2015 08:23

This year OH´s niece is only coming out for 2 weeks instead of the usual 4. That´s down to finishing exams, saying farewells, and getting ready to go off to college.
The nephew was coming out for 2 weeks and bringing his girlfriend. :-0
Yesterday we had a message from the nephew to say that he won´t be able to come out this year as he needs to save the money he earns for the new baby :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0.

I´m not sure if I´m more flabbergasted by the thought of him being a Daddy or the fact that he has decided tp be sensible about money. ;-)
Sis in law who discovered we knew when I asked if she was a Granny Weatherwax or a Nanny Ogg decided she was far too young to be a grandmother and was a mix of both so from now on will be known as Missy Oggwax. :-D
OH seems to be taking the news that he is about to be a great uncle in his stride.

Me well I have realised that I have 6weeks of summer with an empty flat to let :-D :-D or should that be peace and quiet upstairs :-D

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 7 May 2015 11:08

Could be peace and quiet but with euro exchange good I bet someone will turn up !!

Mary

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 May 2015 15:35

Maybe we should have delayed our visit until then and had better weather all the time!

Did you even know he had a girlfriend?

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 7 May 2015 20:15

lol Mary knowing our lot.

Ann yes we knew he had a girlfriend she moved in the house last October. He is now talking about coming for a week in August, depending on the G/F sounds like she has bad morning sickness. next year you can delay it for the weather because I won´t have a baby up there ! and they won´t be able to afford it.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 May 2015 21:26

Lol! Ok I will remember that.when is it due?

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 8 May 2015 07:39

Ann we aren´t sure yet as he hasn´t said Missy Oggwax was surprised he had told us as it was early days so I would guess November time. When ever it´s due it will still be too young to have upstairs if I still have old grumpy dogs downstairs. I couldn´t trust Mini with a young child. She can look sweet and innocent on her windowsill but she can be snappy with little ones. So I guess next year we will only have niece out for a couple of weeks and then elder sis for her 2 wks in September.