General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Want some?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 May 2015 11:02

Yesterday I made...........................................................................................................................................................tapioca pudding!

There's a bit left, not much.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 8 May 2015 11:34

Frogspawn... no thank you

:-P

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 May 2015 11:42

Fred's mate always hated semolina but loved it when I made it.

What he hated was semolina as it had been cooked at school and that might just be what you hate about tapioca, the school version.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 8 May 2015 12:07

i like semolina and i like ground rice,

but tapioca..no no no..lol.

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 May 2015 12:29

Oh Sharron no thank you. Home made rice pudding yum :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 May 2015 12:43

Oooh - Yummy!! :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 May 2015 12:47

Come round Maggie. There is still a bit left.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 8 May 2015 13:17

I had to go out of my way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

to find the >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tapioca.

:-D

I ate it when I was a kid (who remembers........ you'll sit at the table until you finish it ? ) but not sure if I would like frog eggs now.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 May 2015 15:07

I even liked school tapioca - used to eat everyone else's on the table :-D

....that's how kind I am :-D :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 May 2015 15:33

It was so YUCK when I was at school . one of my hates of slime.

When mum ran out of breakfast cereal in the late 1940,s it was bread and milk for breakfast with sugar on top . I HATED with a vengeance slop so i would have toast

Mum bought 6 loaves a day because we were a BIG family so toast was always an option

Frog Spawn though was a NOO NOOO at school for its slimy texture

Now i did like semolina and custard sometimes with cooked apple . Nice !!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 8 May 2015 17:38

Any milk pudding wouldn't last long in this house.
We all like them.
A bit difficult trying to share out the skin sometimes, because everyone likes that too.

OH is not really fussed about puddings, but milk puddings are a different matter.

Shirley
I really wouldn't fancy eating bread and milk though, ...sugar or no sugar.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 May 2015 18:08

Gynn

I guess needs must but I hated the slop

I hated too bread and butter pudding because of its texture and too hated baked apple. Mum made them with cooking apples and cored them and put currents and sugar in the hole but I hated em too. Mum would save me a small cooking apple to eat raw even though it would be a bit sour .

Mum was a good cook having been in service but she never weighed ingredients. she would fling all the ingredients in the bowel and mix and it would come out ok

Her christmas puds ,with grated carrots and beer, would be lovely after being steamed for 12 hours!!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 8 May 2015 18:21

Shirley
Your Mum's cooking sounds very much like my Mum's.
I liked those puddings too, although Mum used sultanas and not currants in the apples.

I remember grating carrots for the Chritmas puds and the kitchen walls running with water while the long steaming process happened.

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 8 May 2015 21:20

Oh dear!! :-0

We all seem to be in need of a bowl or two of Sharron's milk pudding, a bit of grated chocolate on mine please :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 May 2015 01:05

I am happy to provide a delicious bowl of tapioca but I might not have any chocolate to grate.

Got some cocoa if you want a bit of that on it and gallons of my jam even if I do think that jam on milk pudding (rice pie as my grandfather would call any milk pudding) is an unnatural act!