General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have never eaten purple prawns before

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 9 May 2015 13:22

However, today I am. Have just received my lunch - prawn and beetroot sandwich. Now I am fond of both. Since I informed OH a few weeks ago how good beetroot was for the system I have been receiving most lunchtimes a sandwich comprised of beetroot and something else.

However have to say that the beetroot kills the flavour of the prawns. :-S

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 May 2015 13:45

Hmm.
Interesting combination, but not one for me thank you.

However I admire your OH's inventive spirit in giving you a lunch which he thinks will do you good.

Beetroot and cheese would suit me better.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 May 2015 14:16

Beetroot is nice and so are prawns but prawns have a delicate flavour and beetroot is stronger. As Gwyn says, beetroot and cheese or beetroot in a salad sandwich.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 May 2015 14:18

I have cold sausages and beetroot in the fridge so may have a sausage and beetroot sandwich this evening.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 9 May 2015 14:20

My favourite is prawns/mayo/watercress.

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★

**Stella ~by~ Starlight**★..★..★ Report 9 May 2015 14:42

Me too Chris,

i buy those little plastic containers of live growing leaves from Asda
and i add them to almost everything especially prawn and mayo sandwiches.. :-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 May 2015 20:04

Watercress is great, but can be quite peppery.
Again, I like that with cheese.
Lots of Vitamin C in watercress, so a healthy option.

New watercress season in Hampshire is to be celebrated next weekend at Alresford Annual Watercress Festival.
We went one year with Grandson and took a guided tour of the growing beds. Very impressed how they ensure that the water is pure.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 9 May 2015 23:31

I will eat watercress with anything or on its own as a sandwich.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 May 2015 15:13

My Mum used to love watercress, I am not that keen although will eat it. Yesterday I did have a sausage and beetroot sandwich and it was very nice.