General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

We seem to have a visitor on the patio

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 May 2015 15:47

Harold the tortoise has his own house on the patio. Its a big rabbit hutch on raised bricks that he can go in and out of ,and he hibernates in it in straw all tucked down for his sleep .

He is well awake and wandering around the patio enjoying his pots he can hide behind and his food I put down for him on a plastic plate

Well for the last couple of weeks I have found crap turds on his hay he has dragged out of his house and yesterday inside on his hay.

It doesnt look like cat poo but more like hedgehog mounds. havent seen any but in the past have done so .What puzzles me is where is it ?? its not in his house and not seen but how is it getting down into the dropped patio ,crapping and then getting out again .

The mystery deepens :-( :-( :-( :-(

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 10 May 2015 17:42

Any small crop circles in the flower bed?
The answer is out there................somewhere! ;-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 May 2015 18:02

:-D. Lol

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 10 May 2015 18:09

lets hope its not rat dropping :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 May 2015 18:17

Oh my god Joy I hope not . Would be crapping myself if that was the case

Was going to do a look out later but not that sure I want to do that now

I did google to see what hedgehog poo looked like. !!! Sad really lol !! And the mounds do look hedgehogs

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 10 May 2015 18:25

i hope not to Shirley
I had to chase some out of strays Rabbit hutch
hopefully they wont come back

the joys of living near a stream and the woods

fingers crossed for a hedgehog :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 May 2015 09:16

Hedgehogs climb like monkeys.

I used to leave a bag of hay in the outside lavatory for them to kip in when they were passing and, some days, would find one spending the day in there.

They are probably calling in on Harold in the night for a crap and a look around to see if he has anything about that needs eating while they are there.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 11 May 2015 09:20

somebody dropped garlic and chip as they got out of a taxi on the front
the hedgehog that lived round here

never moved till it had scoffed the lot :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 May 2015 09:47

Well I do leave Harold's food plate down overnight which usually has some lettuce left on it so maybe that's what they like .

There won't be any cat food cos Harold has to fight for his share with the neighbourhood cats who I think are sitting outside the garden with their knives and forks at the ready waiting for the plate to go down lol

We did have a hedgehog visitor years ago that I found asleep in Harold house one morning. Later on it was getting frantic on the patio trying to find its way out. I put a towel over it and picked it up and put it on the garden above the patio .

I will be keeping a look out for another visitor now in case one gets itself trapped again

Barbra

Barbra Report 11 May 2015 10:30

Shirley love it cats are waiting with knives & forks. we get wild rabbits eating my plants .little B~~~~s hope its not Rats & just a hedgehog having a nosey :-D

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 11 May 2015 13:03

Ive got unwelcome visitors to my garden too but in the form of hooded crows.

In less than one week they pecked and removed most of my hanging basket liners (3 of them) until all the plants fell out.
I replaced all the liners with a different type and... they have managed to shred that too!

Last year, it was my little wooden bird feeder house.
Too big to sit on the tiny ledge, the crows and magpies played a game of dive bombing and eventually knocked the wee house clean off the hook.
It broke into pieces and they feasted on the spilled food!

:-| :-| :-| :-( :-( :-| :-| :-|

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 May 2015 13:38

That would really annoy me Glasgow lass

Assembling hanging baskets is a bit of a chore now for me so to have to do it several times I think I would give up and put the plants in pots

But the birds are darn clever to get what they want

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 May 2015 15:27

Remember blue tits and milk bottles?