General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Omega supplements

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan-nz

Susan-nz Report 13 May 2015 21:18

After much deliberation, I have purchased a 3 month supply of a local Omega supplement.

Now I have read all sorts on the benefits of Omega supplements, how they are so good for warding off memory loss etc ..... I am in need of that for sure....

I just hope I am not going to be left, err, with smelly fishy breath..

Anyone else taking or tried this type of supplement - or can't you remember :-D

Annx

Annx Report 14 May 2015 00:35

I've taken them for many years and no-one's said my breath is fishy......and OH would if it was! I think it's different with being capsules as they are in your tummy before they break open. I always have mine with food too. I'm not sure they've helped my memory, but then again I don't know what it would have been like if I hadn't taken them. :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 May 2015 01:12

I was told to take them by the doc at the Eye clinic after I had all those tests for glaucoma etc which turned out to be a twisted optic nerve in one eye. I don't think my breath smells fishy, someone would have said by now, I am sure.

Lizx

Susan-nz

Susan-nz Report 14 May 2015 04:02

Thank you Ladies for your replies. :-)

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 14 May 2015 06:40

Oh dear, the first thing that I thought of was "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end."

I hope you are not about to shuffle off - but taking finishing supplements seems a tad drastic.
;-)

B

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 May 2015 06:44

Oh takes them too

He was advised by the doctors to take them as they help the body to make maximum use of the vitamins in the diet.

OH has glaucoma and has memory loss which he had anyway before he started taking them .

Dont know if they are helping but how he would have been anyway without , but they cant be making things worse!

He also takes Glucosamine for his bones ,again on advice as he has falls too , He hasn't broke anything yet in his numerous falls ,thank goodness