General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Isn´t this lovely ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 15 May 2015 07:41

Back in 2012 I had a PM from somebody who was looking for his birth mother. I had her name on my tree.

As it turns out it was his mother who is a distant cousin of mine but sadly I couldn´t over help him with any up to date news. What I tried to do was put him in touch with his half siblings, and some other closer relatives. I also warned him that I thought his mother had died.
Long story, lots of PM´s .............. end of contact he left GR after that year.

Yesterday I got a phone call out of the blue from one very happy, very jubilant person. They had received that day a letter saying "welcome to the family" with lots of photo´s of his late mother and also of his half siblings and families.

Bless him he decided to phone me to say thank you. :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 May 2015 08:00

How lovely . and that you were able to help him :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 May 2015 08:04

That is really lovely, Uzzi. :-)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 15 May 2015 08:47

I was and am very touched that after all this time he thought to ring me. It so made me smile because he was so happy that half the time I had to go back over the conversation to try and catch up. I doubt I was that much help just pointed him in the direction of the people who could help and gave him a few names and places of those he needed.

A fantastic result for him although a shame that he never got to meet his birth mother.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 May 2015 00:15

Aaah, that's nice, Uzzi, and it's great that his family have welcomed him.

Lizx