General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LEFT OVER POSHED UP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 20 May 2015 08:00

DO YOU EVER LOOK IN THE FOOD SHOP AND THINK COULD I MAKE THIS,LIKE THESE FROM M&* BUBBLE AND SQUEAK ROLLS (LIKE ONE BITE SAUSAGE ROLLS IDEAL FOR CARRYING GLASS AND FOOD,BUT ME THINKING I LOVE B&S EAT IT A LOT,
SO BUBBLE AN SQUEAK PIE,,,ADD BAKE BEANS,OR PASTIES I CHEAT I ADMIT IT I BUY PRE ROLLED PASTRY NO WORK INVOLVED,

CAN YOU ADD YOUR SORT OF LEFT OVER MADE POSH,

Huia

Huia Report 20 May 2015 08:08

What is a left over? :-D :-D

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 20 May 2015 08:28

MEMO
HUIA COOKS SMALL PORTIONS,,,LOL

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 20 May 2015 08:45

Omelettes are good to get rid of bits. Last night I used our last 3 eggs, last bit of a gammon joint, last 3 mushrooms and the last bit of cheddar cheese. It was lovely.

My mum had a recipe which I think came from WW2 and rationing. Grate left over cheese into a hot, small boiled potato and mash together. Toast a couple of slices of bread, cover toast with the mashed cheese potato and put under the grill to brown.

I don't like bubble and squeak so don't eat it but couldn't anyway now, not allowed to eat potatoes too much carbohydrates. Same goes unfortunately for pastry. :-(

Back to the omelettes :-)

Huia

Huia Report 21 May 2015 21:32

If I cook too much I cant let it go to waste - it goes to waist, and hips and thighs instead.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 May 2015 23:22

Huia :-D :-D :-D :-D
I've got lots of 'brown stuff' in freezer bags.
It could be stew, it could be curry. I defrost and decide. This doesn't mean I have the 'proper' accompaniments
Curry and mash is quite acceptable, as is stew and rice :-D

That's posh, that is :-D :-D :-D

Huia

Huia Report 22 May 2015 09:27

I have stuff like that in my freezer too, Maggie. A couple of them were pink and had a scent about them. I let them defrost and eventually decided it must be some yoghurt with berries in, but I ditched it, not game to try it.