General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birthday plan for Family celebration starts today.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 5 Jun 2015 08:05

I wondered what to do for my extended family for my landmark birthday as the nearest live about 90 miles away....so I suddenly thought...as I live on N Wales coast and have a Pontins Holiday Camp not too far away...it was refurbished in 2011....I would look into it and as it's still out of season ,see what offers they had..

I booked 5 apartments,each sleeping 4 for 3 nights..there will be hopefully 19 staying there...that's including babies in cots...my 5 grandchildren all produced...so my tree has grown considerably in the last few years!
There will be 9 Great grandchildren staying from age 2 months to 12. So you can imagine it was a difficult one...so there is entertainment ,pool,rides blue coats ,kiddie club...seems ideal.

I am not staying there...wonder why?...other reason is my son in Guernsey is coming over with wife and almost 2 year old and may have to dash back so can't stay the whole weekend,so is staying here....I can cope with just 3 of them...used to have loads here,but can't do it now!

The other thing I'm doing is having a clear out...they wanted £10 a bed for sheets etc,so I've cleared my linen chest and got rid of a load of sheets etc ...and some towels,then they can have them,but I won't have the washing....there are 15 beds!
Sent a list to my daughter so she knows what extra they have to bring.

I have made up a load of goodie bags of things like tea,coffee ,biscuits,and drinks for the kids.Just cooking 2 chickens before I go so that they can make sandwiches if they go to the beach...looks like the weather may be kind to us.

Tomorrow is the big day and hoping to take them all for a nice meal.nothing posh as with 10 children,wouldn't wish it on other diners....so please think of me and hope my plans go without a hitch !

Von

Von Report 5 Jun 2015 08:22

Brenda
What, a lovely idea. I hope you have a wonderful time.
Have fun.

Fly

Fly Report 5 Jun 2015 08:36

Have a lovely time Brenda <3

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 5 Jun 2015 08:45

Have a wonderful day Brenda. Enjoy your time with the family.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jun 2015 08:59

Hope it all works out for you Brenda, sounds a great idea.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 5 Jun 2015 09:03

What a great idea, Brenda :-)

Wishing you all a super weekend.....enjoy <3

JustJean

JustJean Report 5 Jun 2015 09:18

What a great family you have Brenda, I am sure you will have a wonderful time, makes my celebration tea party a bit meagre, we are a family of just four and one g/grand son, but I look forward to hearing about your get together.... it will be lovely...
have the best day ever......

love Jean xxx <3 <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Jun 2015 09:47

Brenda Sounds as though you are going to have a great time , & your lovely Family. Enjoy xx Belated Happy Birthday Wishes <3 Barbra x

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 5 Jun 2015 09:55

Lovely idea Brenda, have really wonderful time with all your family.

M.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 5 Jun 2015 09:58

What a great idea. Have a fun filled weekend with your family :-D <3

and Happy Milestone Birthday for tomorrow <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 5 Jun 2015 14:33

Wow, what a way to celebrate, Brenda You will make so many wonderful memories for everyone and I bet the cameras will be whirring and clicking!

Have a super time

Lizxxx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jun 2015 15:16

Wow think that's a lovely way to celebrate a birthday Lovely to have family around to laugh and reminisce on old family memories

When hubby had his 80 th sadly there are too few of his side still around and those that are were too far away for a get together

We did though go for a Sunday lunch with our daughter and her hubby and our grandson and grandaugher and grandsons family. He enjoyed it in his own quiet way

It's lovely when there are family to celebrate ,

Hope you have a great birthday get together :-D :-D

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 5 Jun 2015 21:29

Well,First of all thank you everyone for looking in and your comments...and Happy Birthday to Just jean who is almost as old as me!
Don't worry Jean.i only had 2 children..my daughter made up for it with five ...and now hers are all having families I can't keep up with them...hope they have finished now!,
I am shattered .worked all day did the cooking etc etc... took the bedding towels etc and all the food..guess who had to get on with carving chickens and sorting out the meal...my daughter is lovely,but so laid back you'd wait forever.
Just got back home and waiting for stepson wife and child to come from Guernsey. They are staying here.so will probably have to get a bit of supper for them...
Tomorrow I hope they will all be settled in and enjoying it..and hope I have a good sleep.
Will let you know how meal goes...saw restaurant manager and they have set meals and carvery,so should suit everyone...hopefully.. :-S

Sallie

Sallie Report 5 Jun 2015 21:45

What a great idea Brenda. Hope it will all work out well and that you will have a lovely weekend with all your family.

Sallie. xx

Susan-nz

Susan-nz Report 5 Jun 2015 21:49

Hello Brenda,

Your idea for a family get together to celebrate your birthday is fabulous. What a great way for everyone to be able to be together. Very smart that you get to sleep in your own bed... ;-).

I hope you all have a wonderful time as I am sure you will. You have done so much already, sit back and enjoy it all now.

Look forward to hearing all about it. :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Jun 2015 00:44

What a great idea on how to get all the family together, and make it easier on yourself

Have a lovely time, Brenda xxxx