General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Malcolm Ives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Malc /GG and Jackie

Malc /GG and Jackie Report 5 Jun 2015 18:55

Hi again every one . I need a favour.
I know at least 3 of my second cousins are searching the Ives tree.
Could you get in touch if you do not mind.

In am Malcolm Ives born Bishops stortford 1959
My late father was Joseph IVES born Northampton 1910.

Thanks

Malc :0))

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Jun 2015 20:27

With respect - have you searched all members trees for the names of your distant cousins.?? If they have a tree on here, you could then send a message

Ancestry have a free weekend - you could search for your mutual ancestors on the members trees and see if the name of a tree owner seems 'right'. Again, if they are members, send a message. Should the site insist you subscribe, you could always come back on here and ask if a subscribing member would make contact on your behalf.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Jun 2015 00:47

Malc

Unfortunately, anyone connected with you is extremely unlikely to see this post

The %age of GR members who use the Boards is minute

The way the site works is for you to enter the names in the member trees, and then contact the members via the internal private message (pm) system

Malc /GG and Jackie

Malc /GG and Jackie Report 6 Jun 2015 20:26

Thanks guys

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Jun 2015 21:21

if you use "Search" top right hand corner you will see there are nine people on this site researching Ives in Northampton

Ann x

just put "Ives" "Northampton" in the search

ann

ann Report 7 Jun 2015 00:12

Hi Malc remember me Grannie Annie in Harlow

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jun 2015 10:07

That rings a bell hadn't seen Grannie Annie for yonks so guess she left the site

We have a family connection but as its been ages since we were in contact I can't remember who it is now but it's the chaney family from Essex

If you do see her Malc gives her my regards too, thanks