General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Checked out Elaine's kitchen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jun 2015 21:23

O.h. and I have been to visit the home of Elaine, Flying Doctor, to meet her son and daughter and see the new shiny white kitchen she wanted me to see. It looks lovely but it's such a shame Elaine wasn't well enough to enjoy using it.

Her son, d.i.l. and daughter are lovely people and we didn't stop talking. I am sure Elaine was listening and smiling at how well we all got on. It was a nice way to spend an afternoon and we will be staying in touch. They are still trying to sort out all Elaine's things, she painted lots of pictures and had so many ornaments. Elaine's daughter offered me a keepsake and I chose a hedgehog ornament that Elaine had made, it's super, really lifelike, and will be a lovely reminder of a lady who cared for all animals and helped them if they were injured or sick.

The family need help to download the family tree so will probably come on here when they can find the password to access things and ask for assistance/advice. Meantime they will be reading the thread again and trying to make a copy of all the messages which they appreciate.

Lizxx

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 6 Jun 2015 21:54

Purple, how lovely that you visited Elaines home and her son and daughter. that was so nice of her daughter to offer you a keepsake. That is something you will always treasure. xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jun 2015 22:30

Sylvia, I certainly will, and the fact that Elaine made it herself (from clay) is even better. Elaine was very artistic and creative. Her daughter was telling us about the various traditons within the family which she will now continue.

We loved our visit to her last September altho it was sad to see her so unwell after remembering her looking so well at the meet in Rotherham with Dutch, Annina, Sheila and so many more. Now I have the email addresses I can forward photos I have to the family.

Lizxx

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 6 Jun 2015 22:58

Aww that is so nice to be able to keep in touch with Elaines family and share the photographs. I find that very touching even though I did not know elaine. x